Thread: Can't stand up or walk..

Can't stand up or walk..

Hi all,

So I have anxiety - not great! I'm currently taking 30mg mirtazapine, 100mg quetiapine, 40 mg propranolol and 5mg diazepam. My main symptom at the moment is I actually feel like my legs are going to buckle, I don't go dizzy but my legs feel like they are going to give way - I actually cannot walk straight or stand. I'm having trouble accepting that this is a symptom of anxiety and I'm having even more trouble trying to find a fix to it? Please help!!

Re: Can't stand up or walk..

Hi there

I get that a lot, you become aware of your legs, then suddenly you don't feel in control of them. The more you want them to be normal, the worse it gets.

I find walking through crowds the worst, like when I'm shopping, although it fires up at any time. Standing to wait for a train is the same. I expect my legs will be wonky when I stand up in a minute, having now reminded myself of it.

You think about your legs, and hey presto, they feel all over the place.
    It's a tedious cycle, but is a symptom of anx.

Hope this helps

W

If you've ever heard the expression 'jelly legs' in connection with being nervous scared or anxious, this fits what you're describing. However, you are also taking quite a few meds, so it wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor if might be due to the combination of these.

ISB

Hi guys - I have booked a doctors appointment today as my legs actually gave way at the weekend and I've ended up bruised and grazing my knees!! Didn't think the would happen by evidently it does! :-/

I agree with ISB as that's quite a bit of medication. Due to my wife's illness, she's on Seroquel and Klonopin (and few other meds). She was on quite a bit for a while and now, even at reduced dosages, she still gets a bit wobbly.

Definitely discuss the dosages and side effects you're experiencing with your doctor.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information