Thread: Irritated arms and legs...

Irritated arms and legs...

I think this must be yet another symptom of anxiety, but I've never checked it out with anyone...

I get a really 'irritated' feeling in my arms and legs, mostly around the knee caps and elbow joints - and almost always at night when I'm trying to go to sleep - sometimes when its really bad, I can also feel it in my ribs!

It's not a pain and doesn't necessarily make my legs or arms twitch (like restless leg syndome) but it does make them feel like they can't lie still. It kind of feels like there's insects crawing inside the joints. I tense my muscles up to relieve it a bit - but it is SO annoying.

Doesn't particulary make me anxious - unless I start thinking it must be a neurological problem!!

Can anyone relate to this??

Horrible symptom, yes! It seems to be my main thing at the moment, too - having replaced the heart pains and light-headedness. I get it along with extremely tight calf muscles, sometimes. Oh, and the heavy-as-lead feeling in the arms and legs sometimes.

It can also cause pain if you get it extremely badly. It does go away, however. I've had periods of it now for a couple of years.

I spoke to my physio about it and she suggested doing some calf stretches every day - seems to work quite well in relieving it a bit.

There was a point at which I would get this seemingly at 10:30pm every night - I could practically time my clock by it! Very odd. [V]

Thankyou for the reply B-LO.

I get a heavy feeling in my arms and legs too - and some pain, but not too bad thankfully. I had a really odd sensation last year during a particulalry bad anxious phase of getting a feeling in my lower arms which I described to my husband as having a shoe horn stuck under the skin!!! Very bizzarre! That one only seemed to come at night too - I would sometimes wake up in the night with it.

The first time that happened I really wanted to ring NHS direct - but how do explain a feeling of having a shoe horn jammed in your arms!!! [:I]Limbs eh??

Thanks again,

Sarahx

No probs, Sarah.

Yep - a shoe horn! I know what you mean! That's definitely one way of describing it.

I tend to go round saying 'Oh no, wabby legs / arms again!'. [:P]

Take care.

B.

"wabby" arms and legs - ha ha, I'll remember that one for next time!

Potentially slightly less odd than a shoe horn (but only just...)

Sarah

Re: Irritated arms and legs...

HI

THIS REALLY BUGS ME 2. HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS DISAPPEARED FOR 1 MONTH NOW BACK AGAIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Irritated arms and legs...

I get stinging type sensations in my legs and hands sometimes when trying to sleep I'm sure this all related to anxiety

Thread Information