Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man flu...

Re: Man flu...

Hi Terry and Mark,

You know that it is actually recognised that certain viruses and bacteria’s cause an increase in poor mental health/worsening of symptoms. It’s actually recognised in children and called PANDA’s (PANDAS is short for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections) so it makes sense that if your body is run down, immune system shot to **** then mentally you won’t be great. I have always found and discussed with my therapist that when I’m
    Physically unwell and this impacts my mental health that my meds seem to not be as effective including benzo’s. I was awful the other day coming down with conjunctivitus and man flu (again) and I took 1.5mg of alprazolam which I have lying about if I need the tough stuff and it did not effect me at all I was maybe worse as I felt lethargic, I hadn’t taken any benzo for 5 days before that and not Xanax for a month so my tolerance should have accepted that and calmed me down... it just shows you that it is all intertwined.... so no point wasting a benzo if I’m physically ill then I just grip tight and white knuckle the mental impact this has and wait for it to pass. Most people feel rubbish when physically unwell we are just ‘super sensitive’ and as my therapist says we have learnt unhelpful behaviours and you can never unlearn something you can only learn something better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I was awful the other day coming down with conjunctivitus and man flu (again) and I took 1.5mg of alprazolam which I have lying about if I need the tough stuff and it did not effect me at all I was maybe worse as I felt lethargic, I hadn’t taken any benzo for 5 days before that and not Xanax for a month so my tolerance should have accepted that and calmed me down... it just shows you that it is all intertwined.... so no point wasting a benzo if I’m physically ill then I just grip tight and white knuckle the mental impact this has and wait for it to pass.
    When I took my .5mg clonazepam after day two of being off of it it was 24 hours after I had taken this green nighttime feel good cough syrup. This stuff was so strong that I was still feeling groggy an entire day after taking it. Anyways, while still feeling groggy I was starting to feel panicky so I took a pam. About 45 minutes later I thought was feeling TOO comfortable and started freaking the hell out. I thought the meds were mixing and that I was going to go into as state of ultra shallow breathing or too slow of a heart rate and pass out. A normal person would have welcomed that mixture of Tussin and pam and gone on a wonderful mental adventure and taken a nice nap. I however started going crazy and talked to my gf on the phone for an hour in case I was going to lose consciousness so she could call 911 for me.

Anxiety sucks.....

Yeah, Ben, it was PANDAS I was thinking of. When I read about that with OCD a few years back it mentioned how adult PANDAS was still uncharted territory and subject to further research. And there were also non PANDAS immune disorders they also suspected would become reality as they found more out.

It was back then I was looking into my tics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information