Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unusual Chest sensation

Unusual Chest sensation

Hi everyone,

Every now and then I get a strange sensation in the center of my chest. Describing it is tricky, it is like when you get a fright, that shot of, I suppose it is adrenaline, in the center of your chest. It lasts for about a second, sort of catches my breath. It feels a little like something is falling/fluttering inside. It only happens every now and then but leaves me totally terrified. No idea what this is, does anyone else have this sensation? and does anyone know what it is? any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks alot

Jim

Re: Unusual Chest sensation

Palpitations....I get them a lot and they terrify me but they really are harmless

yeah, ive been getting this too...especially when i lay on my side or lay on my back...Its a palp or missed beat I think??? Im nt getting as frightened by them as I was because ive had the all clear as far as my heart is concerned so its just anxiety!!!!! I hate it but try your best to ignore them!

sometimes it feels as if its coming from the top of my stomach...anyone?

Yes, you can sometimes feel them in your stomach too. It does sound like palpitations you are having and they're not pleasant but are harmless. I'd mention it to your doctor though just to get reassurance it is this and then you can relax a bit.
    Myra

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I get this sometimes too. I wouldn't say it's palpitations - it's more of a rush/wave of adrenaline - but it can cause palpitations because of the fear it produces.

I really don't know what it is but if yours are the same as mine I would think they're pretty harmless because I've had them for years!

Never Surrender, Comrade

i get these all the time if stressed try and ignore them but not always easy make me more stressed had them for ages so hopefully not harmfull

Take Care Margaret

Hi, I get these adrenaline bursts too, sometimes they're as strong as the one i would get when Im in a near death situation! Sometimes their short and sharp, then I know Im in to my panic attack, sometime they feel like a hot liquid running through my chest, usually when my attacks are on the downturn usually after an hour or so.

Ive started trying to look at them dispassionately, after the sharp intake of breathe I focus on the warmth that courses through my chest, I try to breathe slowly, regularly and try to 'enjoy' the sensation, welcoming it rather than fearing it. It doesnt stop them but it makes the whole thing less frightening for me.

Thanks for all your replies, they really are much appreciated. You know it may sound a bit silly but I dont actually know the difference between an ectopic beat, palpatation or missed beat. I have had a scout around some of the older posts on here but most of them havent described the symptoms. You may state the obvious to me anf point me too a google search, which is a fait point! But last time I searched google for my symptoms I nearly booked my own freezer at the morgue. What ate the physical symptoms of these things?? As usual any help is really really appreciated,

Jim

I meant to put "what ARE the physical symptoms" not " what ATE the physical symptoms" writing these posts from my phone with a tiny keyboard and screen! Still no excuse for that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information