Thread: Fear of being accused of stealing

Red face Fear of being accused of stealing

Hello everyone!

I would like to talk about this phobia that I have, or I think It's a phobia... I'm not sure.
    Everytime I go into a shop o supermarket (alone) I always have this fear that the staff or security guards might think that I'm stealing. So I always behave weird, like if I don't want them to think that I'm stealing, and this behaviour makes me feel unconfortable. I really don't know what this is about!
    I just want to do my shopping in peace!

Does this happened to any of you?

Re: Fear of being accused of stealing

Yeah once or twice when my anxiety has been really bad but truth is I dont steal

But if you do can you pick me up a wide screen tv lol

Only joking!

Be cool about it, if you are not a shop lifter then you have nothing to fear. Just keep your mind on what you have to buy

kev

I get this sometimes, When I leave a shop I am always expecting the alarms to go off and I hold my breath whilst walking out with the feeling of relief when they don't go off lol.

Also when I go into stores, Like you, I act weird. almost trying to convinve the security guard Im not here to steal, Whether it be walking in with my money in clear view of him of my car keys (dunno why this one, maybe because I think it makes me look less of a thug with a car for some reason lol). Stupid I know.

I have this fear too. I am so anxious when I have to go into a shop I think I must look so guilty. I get paranoid that security gaurds are following me. Wehn we go shopping I push the trolley and won't pick up anything in case people think I am stealing. I think the worest is going into clothes shops and they pounce on you with 'can I help you?' I have to leave.

Thread Information