Thread: Fainting and light headed

Fainting and light headed

Hi all,

Has anybody else fainted during a panic attack even though your heart is racing through your chest? I’ve read this is unlikely has you have high blood pressure during an attack. However, I’ve fainted twice now which is causing me more anxiety. I remember waking up covered in sweat and I’m wondering if this is a fit or just having fainted from anxiety.

Would breathing techniques help with this? Before this time I’ve never had Agoraphobia at all and just used to get a fast heart rate.

It seems the older I get the more stress makes me dizzy.

Does anybody else get these symptoms?

I went to a show the other day knowing full well I’d be uncomfortable surrounded by people, with me sitting in the middle of the row. My hands were clammy and my heart was racing but eventually I got over it and I started to calm down.

When ever will this stop...I remember a time before all this started

Re: Fainting and light headed

I didn't appreciate how ramped up I was the other day, raced upstairs and then had a couple seconds of supreme dizziness and had to grab for the bannister, lucky I didn't go toppling back down! I almost fainted in the supermarket a few months ago as I got overwhelmed with all of the sensory shrieking and blaring and health anxiety was on the blitz which didn't help. Finding tranquil places and taking big gulps of breath is essential to construct a viable centre you can sit in and carefully separate the shooters from the hitchhikers as I like to reduce each incident to.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Thread Information