Hi everyone

I've just signed to this forum as I think I need a bit of support....

I thought about posting this in the Pregnancy forum but I thought more people might know what might be wrong with me here!

I'm 36 years old and 24 weeks pregnant with my second child.

Ever since I can remember I have always been scared about my health. Through the years I have been convinced that I have had something wrong with me. I eventually get over it, move on and then something else will trigger it off again I.e. Hearing of someone being very ill.
My whole health anxiety wasn't helped when my mum died three years ago from an illness.

Anyway, fast forward to the last few weeks and I have just panicked about every little symptom. One week I had diarrhoea for five days and was convinced I had colon cancer. The following week I had lightheadedness and convinced myself that it was a symptom of another illness.
But the reason why I have posted is because a few times that I have gone to bed and laid down, usually on my left side, I have had this 'feeling' of something building up inside (starting from somewhere near my stomach I think) and working its way up into my chest area. It doesn't burn but it feels like someone is holding onto my esophagus quite tightly and just feels generally tightish making me want to cough. The feeling subsides after about 15 minutes. Now I feel like something is stuck in my throat. Have had it for a few days now! It's not painful but really annoying.

What could it be? Haven't been docs yet..

Thanks for reading....xxxx