Page 35 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

hi lou, i felt the same, they worked quick for me too as i swapped from cit, i felt a wee but like you yesterday, and the lack of sleep won''t help, but i feel better today.

they are are good ad, re side effects, but i think they take a while before they fully kick in, so i'm still looking for improvement as only bee on increased dose 9 days.

hope you feel better as the day goes on, and make sure you get a good nights sleep lol xxx

Thanks pink dove. I'm feeling better now as had a little snooze this afternoon. I am useless with no sleep. Cant function at all and get really panicky when I'm tired. God I can't wait to go to bed tonight.

Anyhow glad ur feeling better today pink dove. It's like a roller coaster. When I'm having a good day I feel myself thinking "bad day will come soon" stupid I know. I've recovered so many times from depression/anxiety ud think I'd know what I'm feeling will go away in the end but there's always doubt in the back of ur mind that maybe this time I won't. I have come to face facts now that this is something I will have to fight for the rest of my life. (just like my dad) the only thing that keeps me going is my young kids without them I prob just wouldnt care I guess.

Anyway hopefully a good night sleep will do me the world of good xx

Lou x

aw lou, you will get there, and you will recover, you have to for your lovely kids, it is a roller coaster of a journey but will will all help each other out, and we will all get there. take care xx

Thank U pink dove x

Hi all,

Just checking in to let you know I'm still around and doing fine.

Work's been really busy and I've just got back home now. Still, it keeps me out of mischief and I always feel better when I'm busy. I'm off next week so I need to find ways to keep myself distracted.

Even if my posts are few and far between, I'm still reading and will post if I think I can help.

Take care and to you all

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Louabihudd View Post
    Thanks pink dove. I'm feeling better now as had a little snooze this afternoon. I am useless with no sleep. Cant function at all and get really panicky when I'm tired. God I can't wait to go to bed tonight.

Anyhow glad ur feeling better today pink dove. It's like a roller coaster. When I'm having a good day I feel myself thinking "bad day will come soon" stupid I know. I've recovered so many times from depression/anxiety ud think I'd know what I'm feeling will go away in the end but there's always doubt in the back of ur mind that maybe this time I won't. I have come to face facts now that this is something I will have to fight for the rest of my life. (just like my dad) the only thing that keeps me going is my young kids without them I prob just wouldnt care I guess.

Anyway hopefully a good night sleep will do me the world of good xx

Lou x
    i do sometimes think i wont get better. The citalopram stopped working, nwo sertraline isn't....what next?

Alfredo.... What is it u suffer from??

Lou x

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Hi Alfredo.

Just looked at a few of your posts and I seen its depression/anxiety so y don't u give the venlavaxine a go? I've only been on it a week and feel really good. I was on citalopram for 5 years and then it just started to stop working. Then swapped to Prozac as I have bad OCD too and that made my anxiety really bad as its very activating and made me feel like I had lots of nervous energy but was great for my OCD. Ven is apparently really good for major depression and gad. It isnt an ssri it's a snri so it works not only on serotonin levels so these are usually prescribed after failed success on ssri's. I had no side effects other thn disturbed sleep the first few days but that could of been not related to these. It's worth giving it a go.

Lou x

hi guys, i don't believe i am feeling low again, after a few days of feeling good, really thinking i might be better on the extended release capsules which my pysc says he will prescribe on my next visit, although that is 3 weeks away.

i am taking 75mg am and 75mg pm and don;t really want to increase the dose any more,

so any of you think it will make a difference on the ext release, or do you think it is maybe because of the increased dose. sorry to ramble....that way out today.

hope you are all doing well xxx

Thanks Lou.

Yes you are right - mine is probably depression mainly (at the moment anyway) that was triggered by anxiety. They often come hand-in-hand though.

I am going t give sertraline another week and then do a swap to Venafaxine as i went to see a phyciatrist last year and he recommended that i up the citalopram then if that dno't work i change over to vena.

He was very expensive and I never actually had a follow up appointment . when I went to see my doc he gave me a choice of sertraline or flux!!! I mean, he should know.

Anyway thank you very much for your advice Lou. Keep us posted on your progress.

If in 2 weeks I'm no better, i'll defo suggest the vena.

How long were you on prozac?

thanks
    Kel
    x

Hi Pink,

Just one of those days pet - we all get them. Try not to think about it and believe that tomorrow will be better, which it will

I'm not sure you'll notice a big difference with the extended release - I didn't. It's just more consistent in its delivery and is much easier to take once a day. Some people do notice a difference though and you might be one of them. Remember to ask for the capsules not the tablets as they are better tested and tolerated. Some people say they have problems with the tabs and that they can give you bad heartburn.

One more day at work for me then off for Easter - can't wait!

Take care

Pip xxx

P.S. Hi to everyone and Kel

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

BTW Pink, if you haven't already read this thread, you might find it interesting:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111620

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 35 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread Information