Thread: Thank you Psychopoet!

Thank you Psychopoet!

Hey all,

Basically, I think that it is wonderful that there are so many people on this site willing to go to the trouble of helping people, especially when most of the people on here are feeling ill themselves, and it takes a lot of courage and a very kind heart to do that when you are anxious yourself. So firstly, a big thank you to you all for being here, you are wonderful!

Now, the main reason for this post...

Some people have made a HUGE difference to a lot of people on here, and one person I know has helped me majorly, and also a lot of you, too, from reading your replies to his threads, is Psychopoet!

His diary of his trials and tribulations with Citalopram and also his 'Citalopram Survival Guide' (if you've not checked it out already, please do, even if you aren't on Citalopram; it has some very good tips for helping anxiety in general, and it is funny! http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ght=psychopoet) have been a real support, and are a fantastic achievement!

It has taken Psycho a lot of time and effort to put these together, and he updates the Survival Guide pretty much daily, so he has dedicated a lot of time and thought to helping us all out.

On top of this, even when he hasn't been feeling all that great himself, he has kept a positive outlook and his sense of humour, which is so important to getting better, and is a great example for us all to follow.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say a massive THANK YOU!

And if anyone else wants to do the same, here's the place to do it!

Zuko xxx

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you are the world..."

Re: Thank you Psychopoet!

Yip would agree with that, he is a good lad

I am currently reviewing the guide to putting it on the website somewhere as well

It really is very good I agree.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Wow thank you, I feel like I've won an oscar or something!!!

Sorry Nic, I should have warned you the survival guide is longer than War And Peace.

I don't do it for recognition though, I wanted to stand up and show people that they can survive anxiety and depression and that there is hope for everyone, no matter how desperate they think things are. I want peoples' attitudes to be, "We will not go quietly into the night -- we won't go into the night at all".

I just wanted to make a difference

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

That really is brilliant work. Well done PsychoPoet. I'm not on medication but still really enjoyed reading it. The positivity shines through the whole post and gives you a lift.

Nechtan

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I am currently reviewing the guide to putting it on the website somewhere as well

It really is very good I agree.
    Hi Nic,
    Maybe under "Personal Stories"?? AND "Health Anxiety"???
    At the moment I do not use Meds BUT this is such an important and interesting post it MUST be of help to lots of members on here.
    I really only found it by browsing - it is so interesting.
    It is written by 'someone' who actualy knows what he is talking about - that is just brilliant.
    PsychoPoet you really do deserve an Oscar for that piece it is so well written and says "like it is" - no threats of 'you should take this" - "it WILL do you good" - Many avenues well explored
    Best wishes
    June

Yeah man thanks for that,,,,,,

I thought it was great, meant to be starting citalopram and lightened my attitudes towards it

hi all.
    first of all i'd like to apologise for my english, i'm polish national, hope it won't make any difference for you all, my dear friends

just want to thank PsychoPoet too. you are doing great job. i am on my 8-th day of taking citalopram. most of side effects are gone, apart from insomnia (i'm seeing gp today, want to ask him for zolpidem or anything which will help me to maintain some sleep) and jaw-clenching which is really painful :/
    just before I've started my therapy i was dumped by my gf so i am feeling really low and alone in my suffering. however your posts (and suzie-sue) help me greatly and give me reassurance to carry on, even tho I feel worse than couple of days ago.
    i am sure i will be better in a while

regards!

Thread Information