Thread: Question about petchiae , very worried about 6 year old

Question about petchiae , very worried about 6 year old

Hi there . My 6 year old daughter has had nosebleeds during the winter and sometimes spring since she was two. Seems like there is a couple of months where they are really bad and wake her during the night then we go months without any.

Well she has had chronic strep throat since starting kindergarten and we are looking to see an ent. She's just getting over another bout that was coupled with a upper respiratory infection.

So she had drank some blue Gatorade and I scrubbed her top lip to get the blue off and when I was done she had the petchiae rash, maybe I scrubbed too hard ? But when I looked it up it said possible leukemia and couple that with nosebleeds and I've been awake all night believing she has leukemia. She had the red dots before after coughing and her doctor told me it was nothing to worry about. He is aware of her nosebleeds too but I don't know if he is taking me seriously or not. I can't sleep and I'm sick to my stomach.

Should I take her in somewhere ? Is it just because I scrubbed her lip too hard ?

So scared .

Re: Question about petchiae , very worried about 6 year old

Hi, sorry you're feeling so worried. I think that it's very possible that it's from scrubbing her lip too hard. My now 30 year old son used to have massive tantrums when he was a child which resulted in tiny red dots under the skin on his face. This happened a number of times I over the years. He also had horrendous nosebleeds that would go on for up to have an hour, really scary at the time.

Hope this helps to alleviate your fears a little.

Thread Information