Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest feels tight

Chest feels tight

Hi,

Its my first day back to work after my honeymoon [Sigh...] and ive got such a tight chest, its just a bit worrying, i got so bad this morning I couldnt drive myself to work!!!! Its driving me insane!!!!!

Does anyone else get this????

Thanks

Carly

C.Gregory

Hi Carly

Yes, I have had this, its one of the new symptoms I had a couple of weeks ago! I had it on and off for a week and then it disappeared. To try and make it go away I used to sit and do some deep breathing which helped.
    It's probably your body responding to the fact that yoy are back in work.

Hope I helped,

Take care

Elaine

PS Hope the honeymoon was good

Elaine

Thank you for the quick response, it just keeps making me get a little panicky every now and again but I think its because im thinking about it..... I met a guy on my Honeymoon andnhe suffered with them, and he said the problem is you are your own worst enemy and its so true!!!! He said it does get better though which is good!!! How long have you had Panic Attacks for???

C.Gregory

Hi Carly

I have been suffering for 6 months and was gradually gettting better,but these last 2 or 3 weeks I have been feeling c..p again and its really getting me down. I know we are our own worst enemies but when you are feeling panicky you cant seem to think about anything else can you? I can cope with most of it, but its the head rushes and hot flashes that freak me as they always start in work or when I'm shopping, what other symptoms do you get Carly?
    How are you feeling now you are in work?

Take care

Elaine x

I think i get about every sympton going, pounding heart, tight chest, cold & hot sweats, shaking, dizzy head, feel like im going to pass out, hearing goings slightly funny & eyesights etc the list goes on..... im am starting to see a nurse on Wednesday about it so im hoping that will help me.

C.Gregory

That's good Carly, I'm glad you are going to see someone, let me know how you get on.

Take care

Elaine x

Carly,

It goes when you don't react to the symptom. So instead of dwelling on it - try to think to yourself - yes I'm anxious going back to work . I shall do a few calming breaths to help and then carry on and ignore this altogether.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

hi there Carly,

I get a tight chest all the time and hate it!! it makes me feel like i won't be able to breathe!! It always goes away once I manage to distract myself for long enough and just ignore it for a while. try not to think about it and it will disappear...

Sarah

Hi Carly

This is my most persistent symptom. I get it really badly, my chest, particulalry my sternum and neck area ( throat ) are very oftern tight and feel really sore. But when I do manage to fully relax and forget about them, the feelings go. Your not alone on that one!!

Purdybird x

Hi Carly

This is my most persistent symptom. I get it really badly, my chest, particulalry my sternum and neck area ( throat ) are very oftern tight and feel really sore. But when I do manage to fully relax and forget about them, the feelings go. Your not alone on that one!!

Purdybird x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information