Thread: Hi, new member here. After some thoughts and the layout of the forum

Hi, new member here. After some thoughts and the layout of the forum

Hi,

I'll just go by Kutusov because I loved "War and Peace" , I'm 41 and I'm living in Portugal. People who know me will know who I am just by this but hey, they know what I'm going though anyway.

I've been having this weird anxiety/phobia thing that expresses itself rather strongly in driving, to the point that I'm unable to drive for 3 years now. I had some more clear cut anxiety/panic attacks issues 20 years ago that got resolved through therapy and medication rather quickly but this thing now feels different. It's like it's secondary to some physical condition and, to sort of confirm my suspicion, no help I've sought has done a dent to the purely psychological stuff (going for a plain body/mind dichotomy that I know it's not correct but falls under normal experience). Initial medications actually made things a lot worst and no therapy has helped.

One of the things that made me come here is to, in a way, try to make my symptoms more clear to explain, I can see why doctors seem to dismiss the thing as simple phobic disturb. There is that but I feel it came about because of something else.

I've traveled the country going to the top names and I got no help that worked. I'll be going to see a new one on the 11st of May and I do want to present my case better. I would also be interested to hear any thoughts or hear about similar experiences to mine.

I was looking at the subforums and I'm not sure where to start a thread? This thing could fit in any of them and, because of that, non of them. Any suggestions from the members? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kutusov and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Hi, new member here. After some thoughts and the layout of the forum

Welcome to NMP, Kutusov.

You can post in GA or Panic Forums - important thing is that you actually post and get feedback/support for what you're going through

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Hi, new member here. After some thoughts and the layout of the forum

Thanks guys, will do both! Many thanks!

Thread Information