Thread: Could use some reassurance/advice

Could use some reassurance/advice

Hi, so this is my first post on here. I've been suffering from HA for a year years now and it seems like every time I vow to get better, some ailment strikes and sets me back.

Anyhow, so on Saturday I got up from reading and noticed a dull ache in my left testicle. Didn't think about it again and moved on with my life. I noticed the same ache on Sunday and my mind decided to latch on to it. Fast forward to Monday and the ache was still there and I was also having some lower back pain so I decided to go to the urgent care clinic at the local hospital.

My first thought was that it the beginning of epididymitis (I had it like 7 years ago). At urgent care, they did a urine test, ultrasound (also looked at the blood flow), and also a physical examination. Everything came back perfectly clear except the fact that I have a tiny hydrocele which I already knew. The doctor said there wasn't really any inflammation but there was a chance it just hadn't shown up yet and therefore the ultrasound didn't pick it up so he prescribed me doxycycline.

The weird thing is that when I was on the operating table during the ultrasound, my right testicle started to ache. The achy feeling on both is through the sides and occasionally more centralized. But the thing is, is that the ache seems to fluctuate between my two testicles. This makes me think that it probably isn't epididymitis or something along those lines because why would the achy feeling go back and forth between my two testicles. And when I had epididymitis in the past, I was in so much pain that I went to the ER.

I'm wondering if this uncomfortable ache is just muscular and magnified by me focusing on it? I'm currently working at a grocery store to save some money for school so I do a lot of lifting and other repetitive awkward movements. Maybe my lower back pain is from that (my hips are also pretty tight) and my testicular pain is just referred pain or maybe I pulled my cremaster muscle.

I'm terrified that I'm going to have this uncomfortable achy feeling for years or the rest of my life. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I'm really petrified that this is the new norm. Do you think I could have like chronic epididymitis, some nerve problem, or something that could stick around for a long while? Has anyone else experience something similar?

Re: Could use some reassurance/advice

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Does anyone also ever feel like if you keep pushing when you pee, you can keep getting more pee out? I'm sure that this is just anxiety

Anyone?

Hi, I remember a college tutor in biology once mentioned that our bodies make 1ml urine per minute, so no need to be concerned. Hope doxycycline sorts things out. Reassuring thing is that tests that were done came back clear, so it’s unlikely there’s anything really bad going on.

Thread Information