Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unequal pupils only in the morning

Unequal pupil Anisocoria

Hello, one month ago I have noticed unequal pupils (i donīt know if i ever had before, i never dinīt control it before the mirror), but only a few minutes in the morning a maybe also when i am tired a while in the evening. They both react normally. I was at eye doctor and have there many tests, everything is ok, at neurologist, everything ok. But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc. I have no other problems. only the anxiety, cancerophobia cca 1 year :-) is here anyone who had unequal pupils and then it went away? can it be caused by stress, tiredness, anxiety?i take no drugs.thanx! (sorry for the english, i am not native english speaker)

Re: Unequal pupil Anisocoria

I don't know what it can be from, but I have noticed that sometimes I have unequal pupils too. I wish I could be more help, but I wanted to write this to let you know that you are not the only one that has anxiety/health anxiety that experiences this.

Thank you very much!!

Anyone else, guys?

Unequal pupils

Unequal pupil Anisocoria

Hello, one month ago I have noticed unequal pupils (i donīt know if i ever had before, i never dinīt control it before the mirror), but only a few minutes in the morning a maybe also when i am tired a while in the evening. They both react normally. I was at eye doctor and have there many tests, everything is ok, at neurologist, everything ok. But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc. I have no other problems. only the anxiety, cancerophobia cca 1 year :-) is here anyone who had unequal pupils and then it went away? can it be caused by stress, tiredness, anxiety?i take no drugs.thanx! (sorry for the english, i am not native english speaker)

Re: Unequal pupils

If this symptom was being caused by a compressive lesion, like a brain tumour, then the affected pupil would remain at an abnormal size no matter which lighting condition you were in.

Brain tumours compress and constrict the cranial nerves, if a tumour was compressing the nerves which controlled your pupillary reaction, then your neurologist would have spotted it a mile away.

It’s actually quite common for people to just have anascorsia with no real reason behind it. I would just chalk it up to one of those things and get on with your life.

thank you

Hiyer Zebra,

You know, this is something I noticed a couple of years ago myself, and got myself in a right tizz about it. I also have benign Aniscoria. I noticed it first when in quite dim lighting, one pupil slightly bigger than the other, I jumped into bright light in a panic, and they both reacted normally. You are right, there are some conditions for which aniscoria is a concerning symptom, BUT it says that if after evaluation (i.e. you went and had it seen) there is nothing that is causing it which is a medical underlying condition, then is is classified as benign. Apparently it is really common, and I can't recall the stats on it which I did look into at the time of being aware of it myself, but it was something like 20% of the population have it. It is REALLY easy for medics to tell if its benign or not, and you've had the all-clear, so put it down to natural assymtery of the human body.
    Mine does vary, some days if tired or anxious it seems worse, but there is no more than about 1 mm difference between the two. Some days it seems better and not noticeable. I'm not sure it goes away, as it is just how your body is and will be like it for life I think if you have it.

Thank you. I start to notice that it is really quite commnon. One day is better and i donīt see the difference and some days i wake up with it but within few minutes it goes away. i donīt know the difference size, i donīt know how to measure it.
    have a nice spring!

Hi..so now it is 3 months slunce i have noticed it for the first time..if it was something really bad, i should have now some problems, right?i have nothing...only a bit of panic sometimes:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information