Thread: Microscopic blood in urine referral

Microscopic blood in urine referral

I’m 51 and have suffered with cystitis for years but not so much I the past 10 years. I recently saw my gp as I’ve been suffering for a while with my urge incontinence bladder 😳. Anyway after 4 urine lab tests , two have showed microscopic blood so she is referring me under the two week guideline for a cystoscopy. She tried to reassure me but I’m still worried 😟.

I’m thinking the usual that I’ve had an urgent bladder for years so what if something horrible has been going on for years . Any reassurance would be grateful 😊

Re: Microscopic blood in urine referral

Hi Jenny

I had this. Microscopic blood and no infection. Went through all the tests and was told that it's just me! I always seem to have it on dipstick tests.

No need to worry.

I have microscopic blood in my urine quite often. Did a CT KUB scan as well as various other tests and nothing (in fact the urologist actually said my urine stream is absolutelty excellent). He didnt even bat an eyelid at the microscopic blood and stated 20% of men have microscopic blood in urine for absolutely no reason at all. This was in 2013 and i still fet it a few times randomly now when i do urine tests.

My theory behind this is that i suffer from white coat syndrome bad (blood pressure shoots up when im at the docs...need to urinate often etc.) The urine samply i give is usually caused by my heightened anxious state...hence all the bloid pumping through my body. I think theres a connection ( every time ive given a urine sample from home or in a calm state no microscopic bloid....weird).

Thanks for the replies . Hospital called me this morning and I’m booked in for cystoscopy 21 March and ultrasound. Only saw the gp on Wednesday so very pleased I’m in quick.

I know dip tests are inaccurate but I think it’s coz the lab results have been showing it.

Hard not to worry but we difficult. My go is lovely and she said that out of the hundreds she’s referred, nothing horrible has happened but you always think you’re going to be that one

Cystoscopy update

Just to say that my scope and bladder US were normal. Like many others, I was told that microscopic blood is very common but protocol is to refer.

Re: Cystoscopy update

Thanks for sharing. I've had microscopic blood in my past two dipstick tests and waiting to do another sample following antibiotic treatment. If it's still positive I'll need referring. It's given me I think my worst ever HA meltdown so your post is reassuring.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information