Thread: Living with Generalized Anxiety and panic disorder.

Living with Generalized Anxiety and panic disorder.

Hi Guys

I rarely post on this forum when I am doing well. Which I feel is such a shame. I've suffered with GAD and Panic Disorder for the last 4 or so years. After a relapse after dropping my medication I am back on to 20mg of flouxetine. I know the first 6 weeks on these were and are pure hell but they work wonders for me.

Being a film maker I am passionate about telling stories that don't always get the light of day. For me I struggled talking to friends and family about my issues as being a "Man" I felt it was not in keeping with norms society as put upon me.

I now speak openly to everyone about the subject and its the biggest relief I've ever felt. So much so me and my film making partner are now making a short film about Male Mental Health which we intend to empower people suffering alone needlessly.

The film is called "We Progress". To any interested feel free to check us out on Kickstarter.

The project is being made to raise awareness and hopefully empower people who suffer and educate those who don't.

Having got my GAD and Panic to a level in which I can live with it I now want to be an active part in the solution.

Please feel free to message me about anything. I can act as advice, a shoulder, source of comedy whatever you need.

You are not alone.

Peace
    James M

Re: Living with Generalized Anxiety and panic disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by James402 View Post
    Hi Guys

I rarely post on this forum when I am doing well. Which I feel is such a shame. I've suffered with GAD and Panic Disorder for the last 4 or so years. After a relapse after dropping my medication I am back on to 20mg of flouxetine. I know the first 6 weeks on these were and are pure hell but they work wonders for me.

Being a film maker I am passionate about telling stories that don't always get the light of day. For me I struggled talking to friends and family about my issues as being a "Man" I felt it was not in keeping with norms society as put upon me.

I now speak openly to everyone about the subject and its the biggest relief I've ever felt. So much so me and my film making partner are now making a short film about Male Mental Health which we intend to empower people suffering alone needlessly.

The film is called "We Progress". To any interested feel free to check us out on Kickstarter.

The project is being made to raise awareness and hopefully empower people who suffer and educate those who don't.

Having got my GAD and Panic to a level in which I can live with it I now want to be an active part in the solution.

Please feel free to message me about anything. I can act as advice, a shoulder, source of comedy whatever you need.

You are not alone.

Peace
    James M
    Well done James. It is so hard with medication because you can feel that the cure worse than the disease. I have been on my meds since 20th January and it feel like it's getting worse rather than better. Great that you're doing something positive though.

Thread Information