Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MRCP Scan.

Re: MRCP Scan.

Hi Matt
    My scan took about 25 minutes,that was on my gut area, I took a nice chill pill and fell asleep.
    I smoke about 20 fags a day I had an E cig but that was useless.
    I have had my gallbladder removed and spleen.The rate I'm going I wonder what is next, I know I need a brain transplant. I forgot where I parked my motorcycle last night and left my keys at the bar ( nothing too do with the grog)

Anyway Matt you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    Hi Matt
    My scan took about 25 minutes,that was on my gut area, I took a nice chill pill and fell asleep.
    I smoke about 20 fags a day I had an E cig but that was useless.
    I have had my gallbladder removed and spleen.The rate I'm going I wonder what is next, I know I need a brain transplant. I forgot where I parked my motorcycle last night and left my keys at the bar ( nothing too do with the grog)

Anyway Matt you will be ok.
    Thanks Lola,

Was your scan for your gallbladder?

I'm on the roll-ups these days as 20 cigs in the UK are now about £8.50.

Did you find your bike?

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

I had to phone the hospital today, as you have to phone to confirm you're going. I spoke to a girl that sounded very young. I asked how long it takes and she said an hr, i was like what in the scanner and she said yes i hope she's got that wrong because no way am i laying in that tube for an hr!!! I've spoken to others and they've all said theirs was 10 to 30mins for an MRCP.

Asked my partner it wasn't the gallbladder where she had the MRI that was for a blood clot , she just had a scan for the gallbladder, I lose track she's there that often , she doesnt even ask what's being done when she goes in for small ops on her heart they've gone in through her neck and groin a few times and she just discharges herself and comes home , her gall baldder wasn't bad enough to operate so they've left it for now .
    I think it's all going to be down to how you feel on the day knowing how long it takes won't make any difference you just hang onto that panic button and dont press it ( sounds easy ) you might find on the day you feel better than you thought , I went in a couple of years ago because they thought I had a blood clot ( it's what killed my dad ) and I felt pretty ok having X-rays and blood tests all day , sometimes when you get there you just don't freak out no idea why , when I had my heart echo I told the nurse I was very anxous she said about this or in general I said both and she didn't stop talking to calm me down ,it is better being honest with them .
    Lola I've gone down the shops a few times in car and walked home without it , even woke up once and thought it had been nicked and it was down at the shops , I recently left my keys , wallet and phone on the van roof only realising when I went to lock the house to go to bed and couldn't find my keys , there is a plus side to a bad memory I watched two good films at the weekend that I'd seen before but couldn't remember either , I've got a memory like a whatsit, thingy .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Asked my partner it wasn't the gallbladder where she had the MRI that was for a blood clot , she just had a scan for the gallbladder, I lose track she's there that often , she doesnt even ask what's being done when she goes in for small ops on her heart they've gone in through her neck and groin a few times and she just discharges herself and comes home , her gall baldder wasn't bad enough to operate so they've left it for now .
    I think it's all going to be down to how you feel on the day knowing how long it takes won't make any difference you just hang onto that panic button and dont press it ( sounds easy ) you might find on the day you feel better than you thought , I went in a couple of years ago because they thought I had a blood clot ( it's what killed my dad ) and I felt pretty ok having X-rays and blood tests all day , sometimes when you get there you just don't freak out no idea why , when I had my heart echo I told the nurse I was very anxous she said about this or in general I said both and she didn't stop talking to calm me down ,it is better being honest with them .
    Lola I've gone down the shops a few times in car and walked home without it , even woke up once and thought it had been nicked and it was down at the shops , I recently left my keys , wallet and phone on the van roof only realising when I went to lock the house to go to bed and couldn't find my keys , there is a plus side to a bad memory I watched two good films at the weekend that I'd seen before but couldn't remember either , I've got a memory like a whatsit, thingy .
    To be honest i was ashamed of being a severe anxiety and panic sufferer but now i make sure Medical people know the score. When i had my CT in July the guy who had to come in and put my iv in after others had pecked my arms 20mins trying was brilliant. I think he may of experienced anxiety himself and was very calming. He put his hand on me and helped to control my breathing. I'm pi##ed off with it all now, i was never scared of anything and now everything makes me hyperventilate! 12 years of this crap now!!! I played sport as a professional infront of people as part of my career and now i avoid everything.

Sorry i'm feeling sorry for myself.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Buster your partners been through alot.

Thanks for the info!!!

Matt, for my last MRI I was told I was going to be in the scanner for 90 mins and it turned out to be half that time. I had taken diazepam beforehand because I just didn't think I could cope but it was better than I thought.
    I'm having another MRI on Thursday and will do it without diazepam because I have to drive myself there. I think the anticipation is worse than the reality.
    Think of your scan as a means to an end-getting the right diagnosis and treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Matt, for my last MRI I was told I was going to be in the scanner for 90 mins and it turned out to be half that time. I had taken diazepam beforehand because I just didn't think I could cope but it was better than I thought.
    I'm having another MRI on Thursday and will do it without diazepam because I have to drive myself there. I think the anticipation is worse than the reality.
    Think of your scan as a means to an end-getting the right diagnosis and treatment.
    Thanks Pulisa. Yes when i had an MRI on my lower back last year i was told it would be 35 mins and it was 16 mins.

Good luck with yours on Thursday!!!!

What area did you have scanned last time and what is it this time?
    If you don't wan't to say no worries.

Last time it was a pelvic MRI and this time it's a thoracic spine MRI. I'm told it will take 30 mins so hoping for less! I've had suspected neuropathic pain for 4 months in my back and radiating into my right chest so don't know whether it's a ribcage or a spinal neuralgia-just want some answers now. Had it constantly since I had pleurisy in December.

Good luck tomorrow, Matt! Hope it's over as quickly as possible for you.

Matt I'm the same utterly ashamed of being such a wuss but they see it everyday and several have told me or my partner they also suffer with anxiety it is very widespread in the health service , two doctors at my surgery have said they have gone through it one after he lost his daughter he said he still won't drive to work on motorways and goes a very long way round , the other said he spent a night in a hotel room crying under a table , and another who saw at my worst took her life after suffering post natal depression, you are never far from someone just like us , that said I still can't tell my mates I'm a nutter , after all it's just laying in a noisy tube for while but this crap we've been landed with makes us scared of our own shadows , makes no sense at all . Good luck with it you guys just lay back and think of England be over before you know it ( yes there's a joke there somewhere)
    Take care .

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Last time it was a pelvic MRI and this time it's a thoracic spine MRI. I'm told it will take 30 mins so hoping for less! I've had suspected neuropathic pain for 4 months in my back and radiating into my right chest so don't know whether it's a ribcage or a spinal neuralgia-just want some answers now. Had it constantly since I had pleurisy in December.

Good luck tomorrow, Matt! Hope it's over as quickly as possible for you.
    Thanks Pulisa. Pleurisy that's nasty, good luck and hope you get some answers.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Matt I'm the same utterly ashamed of being such a wuss but they see it everyday and several have told me or my partner they also suffer with anxiety it is very widespread in the health service , two doctors at my surgery have said they have gone through it one after he lost his daughter he said he still won't drive to work on motorways and goes a very long way round , the other said he spent a night in a hotel room crying under a table , and another who saw at my worst took her life after suffering post natal depression, you are never far from someone just like us , that said I still can't tell my mates I'm a nutter , after all it's just laying in a noisy tube for while but this crap we've been landed with makes us scared of our own shadows , makes no sense at all . Good luck with it you guys just lay back and think of England be over before you know it ( yes there's a joke there somewhere)
    Take care .

Hi Buster, Yeah it's probably more common than we think. Like you none of my mates know in one circle friends but my disgusting SIL wen't round telling everybody in another circle of friends. My hospital uses a company called InHealth and it's in the machine outside in the truck trailer, i think you said your one was in one. To be honest when i phoned i mentioned about my anxiety and the girl said some people see the machine and don't get it and some people get in but hit the button and come straight out. I will do it, but i remember when i had the MRI on my lower spine my head was out and i was thinking if i was fully in my nose would almost touching the tube. I just hope the young one i spoke to got the hr scan time wrong!!!

Thanks for the support! I'm a wuss!

Diazepam at the ready!!!!

I think this is one time when mindfulness is not a good idea....Stay in the moment in this bloody scanner...Not bloody likely!May the power of diazepam be with you, Matt-it really does help. Midazolam is even better...

The thought of it flowing through my veins may help and if it doesn't I may have to imagine a far worse scenario ie being on a desert island with my MIL...and no hope of rescue for a year!

Anyway, all the very best for tomorrow, Matt!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information