Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nair Hair Removal Reaction - Really frightened!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nair Hair Removal Reaction - Really frightened!

Hi guys,

I've just used Nair Hair Removal cream for my face on my upper lip & chin, now the skin is burning & red & really sore. I've washed it in cold water, put vaseline & savalon on it but it's still sore. I'm so worried that it's going to get worse.
    I've never had any reaction to it before. :( What should I do? I'm really upset!

Also, I was wondering, can you be more sensitive to allergic reactions & other stuff in the week before your period? I've heard your hormones can effect stuff like that...

Any help would be really appreciated...

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Nair Hair Removal Reaction - Really frightened!

The facial hair area is much more sensitive. You really only need to leave it on for about 2-3 minutes. Even that is too long sometimes.

I know I have used hair removal cream before on my face and it really came out sore.

It will calm down in time. Mine was sore for quite a while though and all red!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there .... I work for the company that produces Veet ( a similar product). My advice would be to leave well alone now ... I am sure it will settle down. You probably have sensitive skin and the chemicals in the hair removing cream can burn a bit. Personally I have my tash waxed as I find the chemical removal creams too harsh for my skin. Veet actually make a cream and wax for sensitive skin so you might be better with that, though I haven't tried it myself. I think you are right about being more sensitive when your hormone levels are high so it might well have been that. Anyway, try not to focus on it now and it will settle down. You'll be fine. Take care x

Thanks so much for the help, I'll leave it alone now, it's still sore but I'm hoping it calms down soon & I won't be using it again...

i havent used Nair on my face but i have used it *down there*, it got really sore and burning as you describe, and i just had to keep bathing it with a cold flannel. i sorted itself out though and felt better within a few hours x

Hi 87, that happened to me many years ago. It was burning like fire on my underarms. I couldn't use deodorant for a week afterwards! I did the same thing, Vaseline but it really did go away, I don't remember how long it took, maybe the next day but believe me, it heals. I never used any hair remover again and never would.

Hi all, really have a lot of facial hair and nose hair. I tried the cream but it just burned my skin. This has been going on for years, in the end I bought a little shaver . Compact shaver from Boots.It may be the wrong thing to do,but it it so embaraissing.
    also I have heard you can get prescription cream

Hello
    This has happened to me before with Nair even though it says on the box it is suitable for use on face. It hurts and stings for a few hours and youll notice a few marks for a few days but it will go away just give it time and dont mess around with potions and lotions (like i did!) try not to panic you'll be fine!

Thanks so much again guys. It's alot better today, still quite red but not as sore. I've just left it alone. I've used the cream on my leg's & underarms but I've never had any kind of reaction before. I'll never use it on my face again...

I have used this product probably 10 times. 4 out of 10 of those times I ended up with slight redness and burning. I used it today and holy shit. It was soooo red swollen and burning. I willnever ever use this again. I already threw my bottlw out. And I didnt leave it on too long either, it didnt even remove thw hair because I took it off due to pain beforw it had a chance too. I applied childens polysporin for minor burns. And it actually helped alot with the burning and redness. Im in shock. Still slight redness but nothing like before.

NEVER USING THAT AGAIN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information