Thread: side effects?

side effects?

Hi all,

i have been on and off of citalopram for over a year, the stupid thing i do is take it for a while then have a good spell and forget to take it it again, the next i know is that im so low and at the bottom again. anyway i started taking it again about a week ago 20mg, but i have not had an appetite, had achey feelings in my stomach, been in bed for 3 days as didnt want to go to work and have been sleeping alot, i also have ibs and am not sure if this is side affects from the medication, or ibs, or both contributing. can anyone please tell me if they have had similar symptoms? im losing the plot to be honest.

thankyou.x

Re: side effects?

from what i have learnt anti depressants are meant to be taken regularly and take some time to reach their desired effect, u are also supposed to withdraw slowly.

if u are interupting the dosage surely ur body, and brain is being affected in a negative way

each time ur dose is changed ur body needs to get used to the meds again too, thus repeated side effects

its great that u have a good spell but again from what ive been told u need to continue taking then for some time after that to ensure success

hope that helps

milly xxx

Thread Information