Thread: Feel depressed/suicidal

Feel depressed/suicidal

My relationship is deteriorating in front of me and there's nothing I can do about it. He has such a busy life and I am getting left behind and I have nothing going on in my own life. I can't go anywhere or do anything I have no hobbies or interests and the only time I'm happy is with him but I hardly see him at all now and I'm so jealous of him having such a good life. I think I need to break up with him but I honestly think I'll do myself harm if I do but every way I look it ends up with me being miserable

Re: Feel depressed/suicidal

Hi, is it true that you have no hobbies and interests at all? Not even one? That sounds like depression talking. Have you tried speaking to the Samaritans? I'd give them a ring now, they're trained to listen to you and I find that I often solve my own problems while talking to them, or at least it highlights things that I can work on.

Why do you think you are falling so far behind? What does he say about this?

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

He always wants to know how he can help but he can't really help when he's off having a great time and I can't go with him

Sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time of it. Have a think about what it is about being with him that makes you happy. Maybe you could recreate some of those things yourself. What's made you happy over the years?

How long have you been feeling depressed?

Start feeling really depressed over the last couple of weeks. I absolutely hate myself lately I just see no point in my being here. I do nothing, I contribute nothing, I am afraid to do anything. Like today I had planned to go shopping and I was really looking forward to it but I heard a traffic report that put me off and so I chickened out without trying and now I can't stop crying and feeling so unbelievably angry. Boyfriend is away for the weekend having a great time with his friends. I don't even care I'm just so sick at myself that I'm struggling to understand why I was even born

i am on my own and suffer with gad and severe aniexty i go to work everyday and go out in the afternoons for a walk or just go window shopping vist friends and family staying in ma\kes it worse is there a local community centre they have lots of things gpoing on there you dont have to spend money but you will make friends some people will be in the same boat as you and will take your mind of things

Quote Originally Posted by Eva May View Post
    My relationship is deteriorating in front of me and there's nothing I can do about it. He has such a busy life and I am getting left behind and I have nothing going on in my own life. I can't go anywhere or do anything I have no hobbies or interests and the only time I'm happy is with him but I hardly see him at all now and I'm so jealous of him having such a good life. I think I need to break up with him but I honestly think I'll do myself harm if I do but every way I look it ends up with me being miserable . I absolutely hate myself lately I just see no point in my being here. I do nothing, I contribute nothing, I am afraid to do anything. Like today I had planned to go shopping and I was really looking forward to it but I heard a traffic report that put me off and so I chickened out without trying and now I can't stop crying and feeling so unbelievably angry. Boyfriend is away for the weekend having a great time with his friends. I don't even care I'm just so sick at myself

Hi i TOTALLY understand what your talking about what i have just read above is like a book of my life i have a great partner who i have been with 5 years now but i just feel like you i feel like am just a burden on his life he goes out only now and then to family partys etc and i just wont go i get so scared to even go out the door i hate it so much i hate my life and just dont no how to cope or where to turn xx

Quote Originally Posted by Eva May View Post
    Start feeling really depressed over the last couple of weeks.
    Hi Eva. Do you mean this is your first experience with depression and it is very recent and come on suddenly, or that you have a history of mental illness?

Can you think of anything that may have triggered this episode?

Thanks for your replies guys. I don't think I generally suffer from depression harasgenster but today was a bad one

Eva the fact you found this forum clearly means you're a little concerned about your health and general well being at this moment in time. It would probably help to talk to a GP, and just tell them that you're having a really bad time at the moment.

Btw, very first post guys, new to the forum!

Thread Information