Thread: Is this a symptom of IBS/acid reflux? Help!

Is this a symptom of IBS/acid reflux? Help!

I've been experiencing all different probs since November and its really getting me down. The doctor even said to me last time do I need to go on meds to ease my anxiety but I don't want to go down that route. I know when I'm well and well I'm not and feel like the doctors had enough of me. I won't go on too much but the she says I could have part IBS and part acid reflux. (symptoms were pains/aching under left ribs, gurgling, wind, bloating, burning sensation in lower stomach, bad nausea, v.occasional burning in one spot in oesophagus (near right breast), acidic taste in mouth and sometimes nose and so on. My bowels aren't too bad just not as regular but I've put that down to the medication. I've been taking Lansoprazole for 5 days but had to come off it yesterday as I'm having an endoscopy soon. Doc says to put my mind at rest more than anything but could be ulcer, faulty valve etc. A lot of things have calmed down a bit but the latest symptoms I've experienced are a prickly sensation that starts around my back, up my shoulders and down my legs. Sometimes on my face and forehead. I first felt it a week ago, then it went and appeared yesterday but more frequently. Could it be anxiety or IBS related? Does anyone else with IBS feel this? It feels like someones rubbing a brush over my skin but there's no irritation or spots. I've worried myself as I googled and it came up with premenopausal symptoms! I'm also panicking its to do with my central nervous system. Also last few days sweet foods taste v.sweet and sour foods taste v.salty. I think that could be the meds too but I don't know. I feel like I can't snap out of this worry. Before November I hardly had any health problems whatsoever apart from a cold once a year so I've had enough and need to get out of this vicious circle of anxiety! I'm 37 don't smoke or drink and eat fairly healthily. Any support and advice would be very much appreciated thanks before I go crazy!

Re: Is this a symptom of IBS/acid reflux? Help!

sounds like ibs

Thread Information