Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you suffer from high blood pressure? I had my very first panic attack just hours after I had taken an overdose of Amitriptyline. Amitriptyline causes cardiac arrest if a fatal dose is taken. I have never been right since, hence I suffer from health anxiety, because I feel my heart has never been right since.

I have probably been to hospital about 10 times suffering from acute anxiety and panic attacks. Each time my blood pressure and temperature have been sky high. This has been going on for 2 years now.

I went to see my GP this morning for something routine and he took my blood pressure. It's the highest it's ever been at 198/98! He said I should be dead!! I have just had my blood pressure taken again at work and it's 185/85, which is still high. I googled blood pressure and low and behold the symptoms are exactly what I've been suffering with all this time! I'm now wondering if the overdose has given me high blood pressure and not anxiety as I thought. I'm annoyed that the pattern hasn't been picked up at the hospital or with my doctor, because I've told them so many times that my blood pressure and temperature have been sky high every time I've had to visit them.

What do you guys reckon?

Les