Thread: Weight Loss

Weight Loss

I was wondering if anyone lost weight during the first few weeks of taking Fluoxetine. I haven't had that much of an appetite and have been having GI issues so I have lost almost half a stone already. I dont know if I should go back to the doctor or stick it out.

Re: Weight Loss

Yes I did and it seems to be common having read through the threads on here, my husband was practically force feeding me as I did not want to eat anything, I lost about 10lbs in a week, your appetite will come back, the nurse at my surgery told me to try and eat a little something every couple of hours.

I believe there is mention of weight loss being one of the possible side effects.
    The fact that flux seems to amp up our anxiety to begin with too, probably doesn't help our appetite either.
    So it's a combination of everything really, that will more than likely result in weight loss to start with.

I guess it all depends on what your symptoms are.
    Are you actually getting sick or is just a general feeling of butterflies in the stomach together with having a lousy appetite?

You could always give your doctor a call though, just to clarify things.

No Im not getting sick, just a nauseous feeling and no appetite really. I have definitely had the increased anxiety. Hopefully it'll go away sooner rather than later!

I have been on Prozac twice.

The first time about 4 years ago I couldn't stop eating and piled on the weight and the only real side effect was initially headaches and being very drowsy.

The second time this year, i had the total opposite effect.I lost 10 kilos in about 3 months,had tremendous sweating , the same anxiety but within, so I seemed calmer, and an urgent need to urinate especially PM.

I can't explain why i has such different reactions.

Thread Information