Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woke up thinking I was dying.. First time this has happened...

Re: Woke up thinking I was dying.. First time this has happened...

Hi Linda,
    Thankfully I am yet to have another episode of this but can obviously sympathise with you! It was the worse sensation I have ever felt! What frustrated me is it happened whilst I started to actually feel a bit better! I had a really bad couple of days after it to as I just wanted to avoid it happening again - thankfully it hasn't

If I am completely honest I started to forget it even happened and hope the same happens for you It seems to be a common thing though amongst us anxiety sufferers!

I am having as rubbish day today - full blown panic attack in Asda at lunchtime :( And now I keep feeling like I am about to fall to sleep which scares me that I am about to bloodie faint - I can't believe anxiety can make you feel this rotten :(

Re: Woke up thinking I was dying.. First time this has happened...

Thank you for responding

Anxiety can definitely make you feel rotten. In fact it can take over your life, with constant worries, sometimes completely irrational, that plague your mind. I really should be back on anti-anxiety meds, but the side-effects terrify me because I went through it with Celexa and I don't want to go through it again. My doctor recently prescribed me Lexapro and I stopped it just a few days in because I got those all-too-familiar visual disturbances, it completely killed my appetite and my head was spinning so badly I couldn't even drive to work. I'm afraid of those things and already having health anxiety, I think any pill I take is going to send me to the hospital with crazy side-effects.

I'm a mess :(

I'm glad you haven't experienced that again. And I hope to heck I never do again either because I spent my entire morning crying because of it. I'm okay now, but I still shake can't that feeling.

One thing I've learned in my years of dealing with this is it's scary how powerful the mind is. I can literally control your physical being.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information