Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Do I Have So Much Fear Of Dying Or Being Ill

Re: Why Do I Have So Much Fear Of Dying Or Being Ill

Why? Because you fear the lack of control.

Notcool, you have hit the nail on the head. It is something that we have no control over. This was pointed out to me by my Therapist. Could possibly be linked with OCD as well. We have to learn to chill out more, but that's the tricky bit.

I am exactly the same I wake up in the morning worrying and I go to bed worrying that I'm going to wake in the night struggling to breathe.

My major worry is that I'm going to have a heart attack at any minute :-( I get pains in all the right places for it to be a heart attack......pains in my chest, left arm, right arm, jaw, neck. It's taking over my life!!! I've struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for years now on and off and I had CBT a couple of years ago and I was a lot better after it. But they've creeped up on me again and I just wish I could accept that all these aches and pains are just muscle tension from being so anxious all the time.

I have had an ECG test done not long ago which came back normal. I promised myself that I would stop worrying if it came back normal......I'm still waiting for this to happen

I have 3 boys who are all fantastic kids - they're 9, 7 and nearly 5. I wish I could just enjoy life and stop worrying all the time!!!! I am also happily married and I don't like to complain all the time about my aches and pains to him, so end up texting my mum!! She reassures me however I still convince myself it's a heart attack!!

I really hope you manage to get over your health anxiety and your fear of dying. I am trying really hard but not getting very far :-/ xxx

Major worrier, we fear death like we fear other things we aren't familiar with. We know about life, but death is a mystery. I believe we were created and that fear of death is a normal emotion to help us take care of ourselves so we can keep on living. Our Creator wants us to live. One day, however, we are going to die and then what. Well, as a believer in Christ, I believe death is just the beginning of the rest of our lives. Just as Christ died and came back to life, i believe that I will only die physically, but spiritually I will live on forever. It also makes so much sense to me. I am reminded of the four seasons; spring, summer, fall, and winter. Our infancy is like spring, our adolescence is like summer, our adulthood is like fall, and our elderly years are like winter. Just like the spring(new growth, new birth) always comes after the winter(dying, death), I believe new life comes after death. Just like morning always comes after the night, new life comes after death. Everything in our world and universe is so perfectly ordered and the one who created it all cares about us so much. This brings me much comfort. I wish you the very best and hope that soon you will find relief and comfort from these fears. Blessings!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information