Thread: Feel like I'm dying. "Recurring" mild infection

Feel like I'm dying. "Recurring" mild infection

Hi all,

Since March 1 to May 1 2016, I think I've had 3 mild infections that would manifest in some fever, mild soreness on the sides of my mouth (near the throat, but not exactly the throat. tonsils, I guess?), and mild congestion, and mild fatigue.

The only rational reason I can think of is this:

Since the end of February, I've been "messing around" with people through online dating apps. And by messing around, I mean heavy kissing and oral sex (I only get the receiving part, sorry TMI). I swear I never did any risky sexual acts because I'm too much of a hypochondriac for that.

The infections would usually come days after "messing around" with people though not all of them. The mild infections would usually last for 2-4 days.

I've Googled this and naturally I came across the mono infection, which is also called "kissing disease."

I'm also losing weight but only because I've been eating cereal for breakfast and dinner and I've been jogging EVERYDAY for 3 miles.

But given this recurring infections, I'm scared of cancer or HIV :( I had a CBC done last December and everything went fine.

As an HA sufferer though, I'm still scared. I swear not to do these messing around anymore. :(

Re: Feel like I'm dying. "Recurring" mild infection

It's definitely not HIV. It's super duper rare for HIV to be passed through oral

Re: Feel like I'm dying. "Recurring" mild infection

Thank you, katniss.

I guess I'm just hoping that I got these infections from all the kissing.

I swear not to do it anymore :(

Thread Information