Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sleeping,passing out or dying feeling please read

Re: sleeping,passing out or dying feeling please read

Hello buster, I too feel like you and am worse in the morning. It feels like total doom in the mornings, it's an awful experience every morning. I usually start feeling a little better about 3 in the afternoon and by evening I feel better but still a little anxious but the doom feeling is gone. Hope we get better s.

Thanks Ana. I get what you are saying but I feel unable to resist. I feel like clutching at straws is the only thing I can do. I,m so agitated and tense all the time and I know I,m unconsciously breath holding. I feel like if I don't resist I will die. Physical symptoms are getting worse, is this normal? I am so tense now too I feel I will burst. My husband seems to think I have felt like this before but I can't remember properly, I know some symptoms are recent and rea that is not supposed to happen.
    I have 2 small dose diazepam left, Dr has told me she won't give me any more. I,m going to have to take one I thnk even though the effect is small. I,m shaking with worry. I worry I won't survive and for my family. I know worry won't help but my mind feels stuck.
    I,m on the internet most of the day trying to find answers, but now I think the answers I want are not there. I intended to go on for 5 minutes 3 times today and I,ve already been on about6 hours. I feel too ill to go out and tv, reading etc is not distracting me now.
    Is it common for anxiety to feel like chronic mini panic attacks?
    I can't seem to think positive. I think I will stop internet for couple of days,see if I relax at all. Just check the forum a couple times a day.
    Please post if you ever felt this bad, I appreciate advice.

Thanks to netminder too
    Last edited by busterrufus; 29-06-16 at 15:16. Reason: for

I understand exactly how you feel as I feel alot of the same feelings. I am always wondering whats wrong with me and analyzing every little feeling I get. I'm currently reading a book where the author says his turnaround was when a new therapist told him “Paul, you will never get better until you stop trying to get better”.. very wise words and it all makes sense in the book, he explains exactly the cycle that we go through.

Thanks netminder. Goodness, there is such a lot of advice out there, I suppose its picking the right advice for each individual. Some answers seem to be too easy to be true and others too difficult to understand properly ( for me anyway) can you remember the book title.?

Oh sorry, I guess that would have been useful information. It is "At Last A Life" by Paul David. You can use the Kindle app and download the free sample to see what you think. The way he talks about it, it is clear that he is someone who has suffered just as we have.

Thanks. I,ve heard of that one from reading on internet, but I,m always wary of things like that, I signed up for something unsuitable once. It's good to have a recommendation from someone on here. I,ll have a look a it in a couple of days, I,m having a little break from internet, except this forum. Appreciate your help.

No problem. You won't be let down by the sample, plus there's no obligation to buy and the app is free.

I know how you feel, and I remember having many, many panic attacks throughout the day. In fact, I still do. I also understand your need for answers. However, and I'd agree with the post above, you won't get better until you've stopped trying to get better. Sometimes resistance brings more anxiety on, instead of releasing it. The eagerness with which you're approaching the issue is commendable; however, just allow yourself to surrender, and know that you have felt this way before (your husband is probably right, and you've suppressed the memory), and you have come out the other end. It'll pass and get better; it must.

Buster I am in a similar place to you right now. I was really bad over Christmas, debilitated and terrified. I live on my own and had to get people to come and stay as I couldn't leave the house on my own or drive and I have dogs to look after.

I improved quite a bit for a spell there and was feeling confident I'd eventually get back to the old me. Still anxious as I always have been, but functioning enough to have a life.

I've slid back to square one again these past couple of weeks and I can see so much of myself in your posts. The sheer desperation at the horribleness of it all. It's like one long continuous panic attack. Wanting to crawl out of my skin.

Maybe like the others have said we just have to surrender to it?

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

PS I've also had times where I've thought I was dying when I fell asleep or I'd wake up and think I was dying. The only reassurance I can give you, and myself, is that it didn't happen so it won't happen tonight either.

Hugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information