Thread: Lately just feel like I'm dying from something always assuming the worst :(

Lately just feel like I'm dying from something always assuming the worst :(

Hey,
    I'm 20 years old
    Just recently sort of last 2 weeks my anxiety has hit a massive high, I feel like a complete wreck and a mess I'm literally sitting here crying, anxiety has stopped me doing everything i want to do, took over my life I also have quite a bit of social anxiety i managed to ruin it with a girl i liked last year aswell to make it even worse.

This fear started badly around a week ago if it's a stomach ache, it's appendicitis, bowel cancer, chest pains lung cancer or heartattack any headache it's a brain tumor etc.

I've been under so much stress this last week just doesn't matter what i do I just can't calm down and feel so anxious all the time.

my latest fear is bowel cancer, been constipated for 2 days, always suffered from stomach cramps it might be ibs but never got it diagnosed I think that arose from having a huge fear of appendicitis when my friend got it back in year 7 from school, anyway i've always had bouts of constipation bits of looser stools for years now and a bits of mucus and sometimes it had specks of bright red blood in it which did terrify me.

the thing is the cramps go when i relax get out side, get out and go for a drive which is one of my passions.

I just don't know what to do i just feel terrible stressed, always tired, get pissed off easily etc I just don't know any more :(

I just want to feel better

Cheers,Jack

Re: Lately just feel like I'm dying from something always assuming the worst :(

Hi jack

I can't offer much advice but want you to know you're not Alone - this is health anxiety at its finest. Ive worried about every illness left right and centre. It's horrible and its consuming.

Ive been advised myself that CBT works heaps and have self reffered myself. I'm currently eorrying about three different things! I'm 25 and feel 100% but God forbid I notice or feel something new.

virtual hugs x

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Ps anxiety affects my bowel movements! I'm not sure if it's common but when ive been anxious I poo more lol. The worst ive ever done? I dug around a piece of poo (with a cotton bud) as I was looking for soemthing wrong with it. Probably lowest anxiety moment.

Hi Jack.

welcome to Health Anxiety, it's terrible that you've discovered it at 20. I'm only 5 years older than you and i'm going through the exact same thing. I'm currently under the fear that i have Stomach Cancer.

You're not alone mate.

Sure is horrible :(

I've had bowel cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, mouth cancer, Parkinson disease, MS, ALS, heart disease, a few heart attacks and strokes as well as half a dozen brain tumours in the last 5 years.

I feel for you, you're not alone in the way you feel sadly this affects too many people.
    On the note of bowel movements, i've had on and off constipation since i was a child, got better in my teen years and since around age 20(now 25) i have had constipation, sometimes i've not gone for one for 7 days!! Horrendous and i actually link it all to my emotional state, being overly stressed and anxious.

Hope you find this site helpful

Diet, stress, anxiety, genetics, these all contribute to a very very common ailment known as IBS. And IBS should really be digestive discomfort as it is a very sensitive system and is affected by any of the above.

I too had this huge overwhelming fear of stomach cancer after hearing about someone dying from it that was close my age, still young. I had symptoms similar to yours. This fear wreaked havoc on my life for weeks until it finally subsided.

I still have that fear if only slightly but I changed my diet, am making lifestyle changes to reduce stress and its actually helping alot.

In the meantime just keep repeating, I am not dying, there is nothing happening NOW I am going to enjoy my day rather than listen to the fear. Then just move on, go for a drive, enjoy the day that you have been given, be PRESENT, breathe it all in. You'll be fine i'm sure You have a long life ahead of you.

Thread Information