Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumps in neck - are these normal?

Lumps in neck - are these normal?

I have discovered a lump in my neck sort of mid way down in side, about 3 inches below jaw line. It feels small (1cm or smaller) and hard like bone. It hurts if I push hard on it. I can feel one on other side as well but not as easily. Of course with health anxiety I'm jumping to conclusion of lymph nodes, but wondered if it could be cartilage or bone there. If they are lymph nodes it's a worry as they are very hard. Can anyone else feel similar thing? I do have very tight muscles in my back and neck but don't think it feels like muscle as sort of round and feels too hard to be muscle. Thought could be part of thyroid cartilage but I think thyroid is more in middle, this is further to the side. I could ask doctor but feel a bit stupid as I was only there last week thinking o had breast lump which turned out to be nothing.

Re: Lumps in neck - are these normal?

Hiya I think I have come across the same problem are they near to your wind pipe and feel small but really hard? I can feel it more on my left than right wen I first felt it I was in a state of panic but I'm pretty sure it's bone or cartalige..

I can feel the one more on left as well, sounds like similar area. Thanks for the reply!

No problem it defo sounds like the same thing..x

I have had these for years Apparently so long as they are smaller than the size of a pea, there's nothing to worry about. I even had an ultrasound done on my neck! Perfectly normal my doctor said and she even said it was a sign of a strong immune system. So I can still feel them now, but I don't worry.

Hi, I'm new here and saw your post. I have small hard lumps along both sides of my windpipe which don't feel like other lymphnodes. I convinced myself that something was seriously wrong but the lumps feel more like bones, I was wondering if anyone else could feel things like this? They don't get bigger and they are symmetrical, is this a good thing?

I feel one above my adams apple, to the left it feels hard and about the size of a pen nib :\

Mine are lower down, almost at the bit where your neck makes the u shape where your collarbone starts but still on either side of the windpipe

I have been worrying about these kind of lumps as well. I can feel one on each side of my neck and they are solid and don't move. I can feel them if I push down next to my windpipe but they are separate and not attached to the windpipe like cartilage but I also think I can feel them if I press maybe an inch or two to the side of the windpipe as well. They don't get any bigger but I'm constantly worrying because they are hard and immobile. Do yours feel like this too?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungHeart View Post
    I have been worrying about these kind of lumps as well. I can feel one on each side of my neck and they are solid and don't move. I can feel them if I push down next to my windpipe but they are separate and not attached to the windpipe like cartilage but I also think I can feel them if I press maybe an inch or two to the side of the windpipe as well. They don't get any bigger but I'm constantly worrying because they are hard and immobile. Do yours feel like this too?
    I have the exact same thing - hit a major panick earlier when I found it, and after finding it my throat felt as though there was pressure in the area, I forgot about it for a while until I read your post and now I can feel it again.
    I am guessing we are not both dying so it must be normal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information