Thread: Felling trapped

Felling trapped

Hi everyone,
    When Im lying in bed at night I get the feelin that Im trapped inside my own body and want to get out. The more I think about it the worse it gets until I start to panic and have to get up.[|)]
    Does anyone else ever get like that. It almosr feels like Im doing it to myself!![^]

Jude

Jude

You have more time at night to think about things and focus on every little ache/pain that happens to come along.

When you are in bed you are laying there in the quiet so you start to think more about things. There is no distraction so you focus on things like your heart rate or your breathing.

You could try playing a nice relaxation CD in the bedroom that will hopefully chill you out a bit.

A relaxing bath before bedtime will help too.

It is the thoughts that make us panic - once we control them we control the panic.

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Nicola

Hi Jude

I think what Nic is saying makes a lot of sense. When lying down in a quiet room you can really become involved in your thoughts and you begin to notice little things in your body as you have no external stimulus, you notice feelings and so forth. You can begin to see what is actually going on in your body, but sometimes I think these thoughts get a little out of control. It's something that's hard to explain but I know in similar situations I can notice feelings and my mind will exagerate them, but it isn't anything to worry about, it's quite common.

mico

hi Jude,

My mind used to go crazy at night with panicky thoughts. I now read every night with a huge mug of Horlicks and it really helps. A book always takes my mind off things and I always read to the point where I know that if I turn off the light, I will instantly fall asleep. Hope this helps.

Sarah

Thread Information