Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Re: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Quote Originally Posted by robinbrum View Post
    Sounds like you might benefit from an increase Dan, rather than changing the times that you take the pregabalin. Anyway, keep your options open, like I am doing.
    Maybe but I have only been on pregabalin for less than 4 weeks, and am reluctant to go to 450mg/d yet.

Hi, Got my doctors appointment on friday (fingers crossed it goes well) Hospital gave me 56 days worth (i think she got it wrong) should of been 3 months but next appointment with the dental team is 6 months away but they told me if i have any problems getting a script from the docs to phone them and they will send me a script for more.

Still on 225mg aday (3 x 75mg) and what a change i am a new person only seem to get mini panic attacks but with the pregabalin I am able to control them.

Thanks for this thread for opening my eyes to pregabalin as i would of refused them if it had not been for reading about it on here.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Hope all goes well on Friday.At least you have a back up plan with the dentist if the doctor is difficult with you.

I am a great believer in knowledge is power, and I always read lots before I take any medication. My doctor is very good at listening to what I want and giving things a fair try. It's a shame all doctors aren't so understanding.

For me, pregabalin has given me control of my panic .It's still there in the background, but I am in charge. A very good feeling

Good luck and let us know how you get on .

Loreen x

Sorry to bore, but I have an update.

Because I went private for the psychiatrist, the NHS are refusing to offer CBT saying there is a clash etc. In the end I am being discharged and going for CBT privately.

I am very happy with my pdoc, and am seeing him on Friday.

May discuss going on 600mg/d pregabalin, and adding duloxetine or equiv in. Also need more diazepam. Does anyone here taking diazepam on a daily basis?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan1234 View Post
    Sorry to bore, but I have an update.

Because I went private for the psychiatrist, the NHS are refusing to offer CBT saying there is a clash etc. In the end I am being discharged and going for CBT privately.

I am very happy with my pdoc, and am seeing him on Friday.

May discuss going on 600mg/d pregabalin, and adding duloxetine or equiv in. Also need more diazepam. Does anyone here taking diazepam on a daily basis?

Dan
    Hi Dan,

As I think you know, I take diazepam daily, 11mg at the moment and prescribed by my NHS psychiatrist.

I would stick with the pregabalin for a bit longer, it took so much for you to get it. You get "up and down" days with all meds and it's still early days.

The "lottery postcode" regarding NHS prescribing is shocking!

Good Luck.

Haz.

Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    Hi Dan,

As I think you know, I take diazepam daily, 11mg at the moment and prescribed by my NHS psychiatrist.

I would stick with the pregabalin for a bit longer, it took so much for you to get it. You get "up and down" days with all meds and it's still early days.

The "lottery postcode" regarding NHS prescribing is shocking!

Good Luck.

Haz.

Thanks, I think a low dose of diazepam may be the way forward. The NHS is quite frankly a disgrace. The mental health team said pregabalin is not a drug they prescribe or would prescribe.

And yet, I had to beg them to take me off Pregabalin!

Your right, there is no consistency. My Psychiatrist, and the one I had before, are both adamant that diazepam is an important part of my treatment. I have chosen to reduce it gradually though so see how I get on.

Haz.

This has really shocked me!!

Pregabalin in licenced by Nice to be prescribed for GAD/panic.
    Why would your mental health team not prescribe it? I suspect because of the cost.
    A disgrace, and a failing on the very professionals who are there to help you.
    I am also shocked you have to go private to get what you need in the way of help and support.
    I am angry ,but also very grateful to live in an area where I can access help without resorting to paying.

Loreen x

Quote Originally Posted by loreen View Post
    This has really shocked me!!

Pregabalin in licenced by Nice to be prescribed for GAD/panic.
    Why would your mental health team not prescribe it? I suspect because of the cost.
    A disgrace, and a failing on the very professionals who are there to help you.
    I am also shocked you have to go private to get what you need in the way of help and support.
    I am angry ,but also very grateful to live in an area where I can access help without resorting to paying.

Loreen x

Yep. My GP kept true to her word, and prescribes pregabalin on the advice of a consultant psychiatrist. I only wanted CBT from the NHS mental health service and never asked them to take over medication. I made it clear I wanted to stick with my consultant psychiatrist.

Saw the p doc today and we have added in 20mg duloxetine, and will build it up to 60mg. Seeing my GP next thursday, to get a repeat of the rest of my medications and discuss a referral for my back. Have to see him again in 3 weeks.. going to cost me a fortune, but at least I am getting the help I need.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information