Thread: Hi everyone, new person here

Hi everyone, new person here

Hi everyone

To kick off with I have agoraphobia and social anxiety and it started when I was 15, and Im 24 now. Ive been dealing with this for nearly 10 years and I've had my ups and downs, but generally it is manageable at the moment.

At the moment though I've been quite anxious, this is mainly as I have to attend a wedding/wedding reception which Im dreading and it doesnt help that the person wants me to come and just "suck it up". They dont know I have anxiety issues.

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice as to if I should go and see how it goes (which I must confess I would probably do) or to not go.

This intro is abit long and not exactly an intro, but I hope to get to know people on here for support and help.

Ham87

Re: Hi everyone, new person here

Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Hi Ham87

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello Ham,

I'm fairly new here, I joined just over 2 weeks ago. I've found everyone here to be really friendly and helpful and I'm sure you'll find the same.

I also have agoraphobia issues and I know it's hard for 'outsiders' to fully understand what it's like. There are plenty of people here who do understand, and will be willing to offer support.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

hi
    definately go! youll have a fab time!!
    stop dreading it, and start looking forward to it, think positive thoughts about going, youll have great fun!!!

Hi MrRedShirt, yeah its difficult for people who dont have the same issues to fully understand them. I would have thought that the person might be sympathetic as she is/was a nurse, but I think because what we have is mental, she deals with physical, so might not understand.

Stormsky, I know that what I think is probably worse than when Im actually there, I dont get this anxious before things though. I think maybe because I havent been to the place before.

Thread Information