Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relationship OCD?

Re: Relationship OCD?

Hi there - Its a relief to know that there's people like us out there!

I wish the ROCD would just go away NOW!

Keep posting please! x

I am so glad that I found this listing. I've been dating a great guy for the past three months and my obsessive thoughts have been driving my anxiety up the wall. I had a total melt-down on Tuesday and almost broke up with him. They were all thoughts built upon thoughts. I have thoughts like, "I wonder if he's right for me," and "Am I making a mistake," "Why don't I feel huge fireworks," and the list goes on and on. We get along great and we're super comfortable with each other. I think that my doubts are keeping me from letting him get close. This is my first real relationship and it's terrifying. Does anyone else experience this?

Hi guys, try looking at http://forums.stuckinadoorway.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53 this site helps me alot x

OMG !!! This is so spooky...

Never even heard of ROCD before but some of this stuff rings so true for me.

Been married for 12 years together for 19 years. Over the last years, I've just become so worried about everything in my relationship.

Worried that shes having an affair, doesnt love me. Goes out too often, spends too long on facebook. Didnt kiss me on the lips this morning only the cheek. Is is bad mood because of me. Is bored with me. Hasnt said she lover me for ages.

Then I think the marriage is over. I'd be better off on my own. I think of living on my own. Whaqt would it be like.

You name it I've worried about it. Usually a different thing every few days....

My pdoc has put me on anafranil (clomipramine) so I'm guessing he can see the OCD side of me. Only been three days so far....

To those of you that feel that you are 'In two minds' about your partner/relationship, I suggest you find an NLP (neuro linguistic programming) practitioner who can do what we call 'PARTS THERAPY' make sure they actually do THIS procedure as it can be very effective for inner turmoil, like the examples I see in some of your posts.
    It is most likely they will be hypnotherapists that also do NLP, but make sure they are ofe with this technique, the results can be very quick, leaving a feeling of 'clarity'
    contact me with questions if you like.

Hi Phobia Man

I would be very interested in more details on Parts Therapy as I am sure many others would be on this particular thread! Please can you give us more detail of what it is and how it works (if that's possible??)

Thank u

G xxx

Thankyou so much for this website. It has made me realise that i'm not the only one with this type of OCD. Thankyou again.

OH MY GOD...

I've been panicking big time this past few days... I suffer from GAD but the predominant problem has been this... I never realised or even heard of ROCD... THis is like reading about my life.. THis has happend in every relationship since i was 17 all of which i have ended or caused to end unde the misguided beliefe they desever better than someone who has apparanltly suddenly lost the ability to love...

Does it happen to any of you about all relationships or just withpartners.. once mine is triggered it affects all relationships..even questioning my love for my own kids, my family, my best friends...

I'm in a wonderful relationship with someone i want to spend the rest of my life with but thsi weekend the ROCD went bam and iv been feeling so anxious and stressed for a few days and im so scared it wont pass this time...

Sorry but similtaneously glad im not the only one

Love and hugs

Coming on this website has a calming effect. I am so glad that there are so many strains of R-OCD and that some people worry they don't love their partner, and others worry that they don't love them. In my case, I worry that I do not love my boyfriend. He is my first love and we'll have been together for 3 years in August. He is amazing to me and has never once given me a reason to turn away. Still, my ROCD makes it sometimes makes it hard to feel my love or any feelings for him. I've been with him since the beginning of my last year of highschool, so of course my mind is going to wander... but I figure if I really wanted to break it off I wouldn't feel jolts of panic everytime I think about it.

"When the rain is blowing in your face,
    and the whole world is on your case.
    I would offer you a warm embrace...
    To make you feel my love"

READING THIS THREAD JUST LEAVES ME FEELING TIRED, USELESS AND LIKE MY WHOLE BLOODY LIFE IS ENGOLFED BY ANXIETY. I have believed all these years that i am working towards normality but this thread makes me realise how far away i am. i have had these problems with my husband for ages and although it comes and goes thinking about it, its the same anxious patterns as my GA. I am at a down point cos i have just decided to move out and leave my husband and my kids until i can sort out my head, i am scared but know i have to do it - i love them all so much but i feel like im climbing a mountain again. i keep telling him that he is part to blame for our communication problem but i think its actually all me cos of the anxiety now. hes a great da and husband but unless everythings exactly perfect i feel like i cant relax with him. think im just a nutter and would probably be better off out of it, at least for a while to .. well i just dont know!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information