Thread: Cluster headaches, periods, anxiety, IBS

Cluster headaches, periods, anxiety, IBS

Almost without fail every month I get a debilitating cluster headache right above my left eye the day before my period. It makes me so anxious I have panic attacks, because of the anxiety I feel like I'm gonna throw up so I avoid food since throwing up is a trigger and a phobia of mine, and I have to lay down after taking something to make it go away. Usually I try to sleep for an hour or so to make it stop. Then I get up pain free and continue worrying it'll come back and ruin the rest of my evening. I also suffer from IBS and it messes with that too. I have tried tons of birth control and nothing helps this day. Now I'm sitting here practically crawling out of my own skin and just want to feel normal again. I also had a pretty big latte today that seemed to make all of this worse. Any women out there get headaches before their period? How do you calm down when the pain is so bad?

Re: Cluster headaches, periods, anxiety, IBS

I'm very headache prone right before my period - tension headaches and migraines. Really, you have the solution. I take an Advil or two and then sleep it off. It's the only way I've found. Probably best to try and minimize your anxiety about it. I've been finding meditation very helpful lately - but everyone is different.

Thread Information