Page 482 of 507 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

I'm a new member here but I was reading this and thought I'd put my bit in....

I've been on a mixture over the last 10/11 years, I've tried Citalopram, Mirtazapine, Fluoxetine and Sertraline over the years but I moved on to Venlafaxine around 3 years back. It was the best thing I've ever done...!! My sleep pattern went back to normal, I became more relaxed, less angry and much nicer and chilled!!

The docs really messed me about with meds, moving me to all kinds of meds but finally I found a new docs who understood me and told me that he'd tried this 'new' drug called venlafaxine and had some great results so wanted me to try it... It worked!!! It changed my life, I take 150mg in the morning and 75mg in the afternoon - both prolonged-release capsules - I got changed on to Tonpular a few months ago and today I've been switched on to Venlablue but ultimately they are all Venlafaxine so its all good

It takes a little time, but stick with it and things will get much more positive!

Hi Totally
    I've had good results with ven as well,but I'm on a combo with mirt.

Hi Aprilmoon! What amount did you settle on for mirt. And how much olanzapine are you taking (at night right?)
    xx
    Marie

Hi Marie!!
    How is your vacation going? Are you having a good rest?
    I'm still on the 30mg of mirt,I expect to start a slow taper of it when I go for !y appt next month.
    I'm on 5mg Olanzapine at night.
    I'm doing great thankyou!
    How are you doing with the ven?
    Xx

Hi

I wonder if anyone as any experience with switching from Citalopram 20mg to Venlafaxine 37.5mg been on the Venlafaxine now for 5 days and GP as told me to increase to two a day, awful anxiety, irrational thoughts, headache, tingling, palpitations. Cant sleep. Feel awful :(

I am going to take my second venlafaxine so as I get home from work, as anyone had the same effects on switching? I was on Citalopram for 10 years.

Thankyou for any advice.

Hello

It's a week today since I switched from Citalopram 20mg GP started me on 37.5mg of Venlafaxine but by last post had to up the dose now been on one at morning one at evening and my anxiety seems to be slowly calming down. My head feels very muzzy and still getting the irrational thoughts but trying my best to keep and think positive.

Hope everyone as a nice weekend

Julie x

Any of my old ven buddies still around? Could do with some support from all you lovely guys at the min X X

Still around Nic and great to hear from you. What's up Hun?

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey Pip and Nic! Just like old days!
    X

Hey Pip, im unfortunately going through a major blip, I suffered a miscarriage 6 weeks ago which was very traumatic and drawn out, I coped brilliantly all while this was happening but now it's hit me like a ton of bricks, im anxious all the time, having panic attacks again, can't eat, sleep and struggle to leave my house, Pdoc reduced my ven from 187.5mg to 150mg when I found out I was pregnant which I managed to do with little withdrawal, I saw her Thurs and basically was told to deal with things!! After a huge panic attack Thursday night my mum took me to see our family Gp who was lovely and told me after what I've been through he isn't surprised im bad, he explained the grief process to me and said I need to give myself time to grieve for my baby and recover from my experience, as his hands are tied regarding my meds and Pdoc he has over rode her and told me to take Diazepam as and when I need it which I absolutely hate doing but I've had to cave in and use. I'm so scared im going backwards again, the anxiety and panic is unbearable at times to the point I feel my throat is closing and my chest is caving in :( the pregnancy was a surprise but very much loved and wanted, I had even seen my babies heartbeat on a scan and my last image is seeing my dead baby not moving on the screen, I feel so lost and scared. Sorry for the long post X X

Page 482 of 507 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492 ... LastLast

Thread Information