So I've had this cyst just under my earlobe for about 3 and a half weeks now. I went to the GP a couple weeks or so ago who diagnosed it as a cyst and prescribed me antibiotics (Clarithromycin). At the time I didn't feel like it was infected and wanted to give it a bit longer to see if it would go away seeing as I was nervous about taking the ABs.. however I saw a doctor yesterday who said that I should probably take them as it "seemed" infected since it hurt a little to touch. I took one last night and came down within an hour or two with the most severe migraine I've ever had (I don't suffer from migraines normally) and felt really nauseous and my stomach was playing up...

Woke up this morning and decided to skip the dose and see a doctor again to see if there was an alternative antibiotic. When I went to the doctor they said they couldn't give me an alternative as there wasn't one (I'm allergic to penicillin) but in any case it didn't seem infected to her?! So she said if I don't feel comfortable taking the rest of those antibiotics I can play the watch and wait game.

Today though I read about sepsis and the dangers and so on and my health anxiety has flagged up! I'm really unsure about whether it is infected or not, it is slightly tender to the touch and it's bled very lightly a couple times, but it doesn't look red and it hasn't had any pus or anything leak from it. It hasn't grown in size since I first got it either, so I have no idea.

I don't really know what to do, as if I go back to the doctors again they'll think I'm being annoying.. and it seems a bit extreme after seeing three different doctors. I just wonder why two said it 'seemed' infected and then the one today said it didn't seem so. Nothing about it had changed.

So I'm just wondering what the likelihood is of me getting sepsis or something bad happening. Would I know if it were to be getting that bad? It hasn't really caused me any problems other than if I touch it so I'm trying to leave it be but I'm terrified something bad will happen if I don't take any antibiotics. :(