Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Avoid Catching Norovirus?

Re: Can You Avoid Catching Norovirus?

I have just had the norovirus. I am absolutely petrified of being sick and i think it's been about twenty five years since i was !!! Every time i read about it in the newspapers i would feel panicky. It came on so suddenly and i panicked coz i knew i was going to be sick, i felt absolutely awful but i coped and i'me still here!!!! I managed to go all those years without being sick so try not to worry. My husband had it too and he wasn't sick just a dodgy tummy. Hasn't got rid of my fear though.

Tracey xxx

I'm scared of catching this, too. My girlfriend and all her family in the house have caught it, luckily I've not been in contact, but the thought of it scares the hell out of me. Like tonight, I was so paranoid about it I purposely left my dinner in longer so it was a bit burnt (Chicken breast). Totally embarrased by it, but I cant help it. I feel your pain :(

hehehehe come to the mountains ,come to the mountains..its so remote here we would have to fly in a virus lol.. Just kidding but you are welcome here to get away if you want.. Hope you feel better soon.>Don't worry be happy.. Michael

hello!
    i dont know if you will read this because you posted this a long time ago, but i hope you do
    well if anyone knows how your feeling its me! i am a sufferor of emtophobia (fear sick) and have been all my life and always will be, its proper medical problem i have and i have all of the symptoms of it.
    You mentioned about the sick virus, thats a big problem for me to! im 16 and in school and when thats going round i try not to go into school and if i do i keep well out of contact of people who i think might have it. and also the feeling of being traped in, the feeling that if your going to be sick or if somebody around is going to be sickk you wont be able to get out!.
    this phobia is like a shadow that follows me every day, i panick every minuite of every day, im constanly thinking about it. and what you said about somebody mentiooning sick and it going through you head over and over again, i do that all the time! if someone as much mentioned that they feel ill or were ill or that somebody was ill, i cant stop replaying the insidant over and over again in my head, its frightens me!
    not many people understand this phobia, but you do so if you read this i just want you to know that your not on your own! i know EXCACILY what your going through because im going through it now.
    if you read this please reply x

What scares you about the Norovirus in particular? I had it last year- not pleasant by any means, but nothing particularly horrible, even though my doc said I had an unusually bad case of it. For me tonsillitis, a ruptured ovary and swine flu were far, far, far worse than Norovirus.

I'm pretty sure it can be prevented though. I at the time lived in a tiny shared house with poor hygiene. I'm pretty sure Norovirus is ONLY spread through the nose, mouth, eyes etc. (as in, you don't catch it by breathing it in) therefore make sure you wash your hands with soap and water before you touch any part of your face and, in theory, you'll be fine!

Hi some good and bad news: i have GAD and a fear of vomiting, and my kids caught norovirus a week and a half ago. Good hygeine etc held it off, but then I caught it after tidying their room two days after I thought all was well.

I took motillium/domperidone from the onset of nausea, and despite bad tummy cramps - no worse than bad periods, for the ladies -, runs and general tiredness/yuck, I wasn't sick, it didn't go on for longer than the kids bouts and generally was a much better experience than usual.

Hope this helps

my daughters school has this norovirus at the moment they said they r steam cleaning carpets and soft furnishings and deep cleaning loos and equiment but i dont want to send my daughter i have emet too i hate heer being sick she has noro when she was 4 luckily my parents had her as me and my hubby went to a bowling xmas doo with his work. anyway my parents had her for 4 days so i never saw her ill.

Hello Jenny, i felt the same as you but i searched for something that i could take to give me reassurance. I take Allicinmax, garlic capsules. Allicin is the antibacterial part of garlic and fights viruses and bacteria. It really strengthens your stomach and if you think you have a sickness bug you can take as many as you like to irradicate the bug and stop you being sick. I usually take one a day but in the winter months i increase it to two. My. 9 yr old and 7 year old take it as well. Garlic is a good all rounder anyway. I'm still careful when there's a bug about but Allicin gives me peace of mind. If you go to the Allicinmax website it explains how it's made and it's benefits. Hope this helps.

I no how ur feeling my mind never shuts up about any bugs etc.. I've been emet since I was about 10yr's old its just never ending am thinking about sick 24/7 its never ending and soon as some1 says they feel sick or have been sick I totally freak out in my mind will it ever get better I just wanna live a normal life xx

Some people cope better than others... I, for one, CANNOT stand Noro and would be deathly ill with it since my immune system is terrible. I would seriously rather die than spend a few days with that horrifying illness. I would rather have a bad cold for 2 weeks than have noro for a couple of days.

Oh, and you can avoid catching it.. Otherwise everyone would be going down with it, but that's not the case is it?

.....and a ninja.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information