Thread: So so scared please help

So so scared please help

Hi guys I really need help I'm totally convinced I have a brain tumour, I've always been a worrier bout everything but lately ( since Xmas ) it's got so bad! Firstly at Xmas I started having heart palpitations for no reason so I panicked they got worse I had a rubbish Xmas ended up at a and e they did and ECG and everything was fine they said it was a panic attack ! Doc put me on propanalol for 4 weeks this stopped the palpatations so I thought I was ok till about 4 weeks ago I totally convinced myself I was dying I either had heart problems or cancer or something ! I went 2 docs a week ok in a right state she put me on fluoxertine 20mg ! OMG 2 days after starting them I've got the strangest head pain never had anything like it b4 it's all in the back of my head behind my ears and it feels like bad pressure, it's worse when I lie on the back of myhead it makes my face tingle so I'm so convinced it's a tumour I've also got nausea and sickness and slight tinitus all symptoms of a tumour , I'm in such a state I'm so so scared my kids r picking up on it also my eldest has been naughty at school the teacher had 2 pull me bout it she's never been in trouble before ! I can't eat anything I've lost nearly a stone in 4 weeks I'm a wreck ! Can anybody help me ? I'm constantly on the net looking up tumours symptoms and convincing myself I have them ! The headaches army there in the mornings and having a hot bath eases them slightly ! My mum and partner say it's just muscle tension but it's worrying me that it hurts more when I lie down or scrunch my shoulders up ! I'm so fed up and scared it's ruining my life :(((

Re: So so scared please help

Hi Gemmalou

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to get answers.

I do sympathisize...never taken fluoxetine myself....I'm a citalopram taker myself but it is still an SSRI.

Calm down...the symptoms you are describing are side effects of the fluoxetine...headaches tinnitus etc. And yes the timing seems right...2 days after you started taking them. Please carry on taking the meds...the side effects can be worrying but they do go....can take up to 6 weeks but I think most people settle down between 2 - 3 weeks. There are some good articles on the site...have a read of them. Also there is forum for meds have a look at what others are saying.

Personally I never google symptoms because it just makes things worse.

Take care

Hi, have you checked the side affects of the tablets your doctor has given you? I would do that first to see whether these could be side affects.
    Have you spoken to your doctor about possibly having a tumour?
    Problem with looking online is that any sympton you search typically comes back as being cancer, I have done the same thing in the end and where you panic more it makes the symptoms worse.

The leaflet doesn't say tinnitus is a side effect but a few online sites say it is ! Yes I spoke 2 my doctor bout having a tumour she again just said it's tension ! It just scares me that it really hurts when I lie on the back of my head it's so strange does that correspond 2 muscle tension ? It's really gettin me Down and I get so angry with myself but it's always in my mind what if it is a tumour ?

Hi again

Brain tumours are very rare (despite what the writers of TV soaps think) and headaches and tinnitus are not normally amongst the first symptoms of a tumour.

I don't know you but I am willing to bet that you do not have a tumour. Believe your doctor (who does know you)...I would guess that you are very stressed and so the likelihood that this is tension is high. Try some long hot baths and some deep breathing. Have you discussed other forms of therapy with your doc? Might be worth it.

I know but it's always in my mind and then something will happen like a funny sound or weird sensation and I'm back at square one ! My doc is referring me for counciling ! It's just such a weird headache infact it's not even a painful one it's just pressure in the back of my head never had anything like it b4 and cause I've read brain tumour headaches are worse lying down that's why I'm convinced i have one cause my head pain is worse lying down and I feel sick with it !!! Thanx 4 the reassurance xx

You need to stop looking up symptoms on the internet!! I used to do that all the time and it just made me worst.

It will be the anxiety. Anxiety can do so many weird things to your body. It is preparing you to fight a threat that doesn't exist so your body is all ready and prepared and you've got nothing to fight. It will be muscle pain. I post this sitting here with horrible muscle cramps all over my body but I'm getting better at identifying it now.

hi
    i have had anxiety for 7 years and at new year i started with massive chest pain and i was convinced itwas something worse i went to doctors countless times and was told time and time again it wathat was somethings muscle tensioni the fear was so bad. in the end i spent a couple of days depressed in my my bed. away from anxiety and the pain started going so realised he was right. didn't stop the anxiety but helped me realise that is all it is

i just mean muscle tension can be so painful and the more we worry the worse it will feel cos we are still tense. i had never ham muscle pain in 7 years so diem believe them but anxiouw is strange

Thread Information