Thread: 'It's not all in your head'

'It's not all in your head'

Hi.

Some time ago when my HA wa particularly bad, some kind individual on this forum advised me to have a look at a book called 'It's not all in your head'. I was a bit sceptical but others on here had said they had found the book useful so I gave it a go. Over the course of I guess 18 months or so, I have managed to get a reign on my anxiety and although not solely down to the book, it did help me in some ways.

Anyway, I had a couple of copies and while I'm keeping one incase of any HA related relapses in the future, I have another one going spare. I seem to remember at the time it was a bit tricky to get hold of (possibly less so now) so I want others to have the chance of seeing what the book can do for them. Now I don't want to get into trouble for posting this here and if I'm transgressing any rules, I'm sure the administrators will pull the posting - I understand, but I'm going to list my spare copy on a 'well known auction site'. It'll be a case of first come first served - I just hope that the book will help others as much as it has helped me.

D

Re: 'It's not all in your head'

I NEED THIS BOOK!!!

Dan - please feel free to post the link to the item here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have a brand new copy of this book as well that I was going to sell in the NMP online shop.

I paid over £11 for it though. If anyone wants to buy it then I can sell it on to them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's really nice dan. Does anyone know where you can get these books from, infact any good books on anxiety?

Sammi

It depends what books you want. I sell Claire Weekes in the online shop.

I buy books from Amazon and Pick A Book

The claire weekes are meant to be good someone told me. I just want a book that explains anxiety and maybe how to deal with it rationally. Thanks for your reply.

I didnt like the Claire Weekes ones, found it a bit old-fashioned and 'floaty' (those who have read it will know what I'm talking about )
    I found the 'Dummies Guide to Anxiety' really useful, good explanations and good ways of dealing with anxiety. A couple of weeks ago I bought the 'Dummies Guide to Worksheets for Anxiety and Depression', really excellent, cant praise it enough, helps to really explore the beginnings of depression and anxiety, and how to deal with it.

Wish they werent called 'Dummies Guide to' though, makes them sound really flippant!

I am currently reading 'Overcoming Health Anxiety' by Rob Willson and David veale, which I think is just fantastic. I have read several different anxiety books and this one is miles ahead in my view. Very well laid out and really good CBT workthrough sheets. Highly recommended.

Within a couple of days it has already had a massive effect on my current IBS/bowel cancer issue. I'v got a CBT session this monday and coupled with the book I feel i am near an end point of this dreadful ilness.

Saying that from what i have read it seems HA will stay with you but it's all about learning to cope with it and be in control of it. I feel sooooo determind that when I do get control of this beast it is not gonna have a hope in hell at getting back at me again....... Looking forward to life again, lets not forget you only get ONE and we must not let something like our own mind RUIN it... LOVE TO YOU ALL .....

I have this book, I got it from Amazon.co.uk, along with Overcoming Health Anxiety. Both are helpful, but so is hypnosis! I can only speak for myself but I found it really helpful.

Thread Information