Thread: New here. Convinced I'm dying.

New here. Convinced I'm dying.

Hey everyone! I'm new to this and it's my first ever post. Basically I'll explain my entire story. Iv suffered from health anxiety since I was 6 years old. What triggered it was my great nan died of a heart attack and it was my first ever experience of death as a child. Anyway a few weeks later I lost sight of my dad for a split second in telco.... I had my first ever panic attack but me being 6 years old assumed I was having a heart attack just like my late nan. Anyway that set me off for a few years worrying about dying, I once caught my dad crying because it was so painful seeing his little girl go through such worry! I was picking out my eyelashes etc. running up and down the hall way to ensure my heart was still beating. I got over that, I hit 17... My boyfriend broke up with me and a month later I got health anxiety again. I was put on vitals pram which didn't work for me so they changed to fluoxetine 20mg which did me well for a ew years until I decided to stop them abruptly ... I was fine for a few weeks then out of nowhere on holiday my vision went funny and I was convinced I was dying. I got a taxi back to the caravan with my boyfriend and I didn't step foot out of the caravan again all week. I was convinced I'd die. Got home. They upped my dose to 40 mg... Everything was fine... Fast forward 2 years. So 2 weeks ago I was in my boyfriends car singing along to take that when all of a sudden the headache I'd had all day came to a head and sent an almighty pain through the side of my head .. I don't know what happened but I felt as though my whole body went heavy, I felt like I could not move, my boyfriend had to stop the car , I got out and paced up and down for a bit, got back in, he had to drive me home... My heart was racing, my body felt numb, my head was weird, I just shut my eyes until I got home, I went to bed and fell straight to sleep. I was fine for the next few days but an incident happened at work... A little boy banged his head and he went limp in my arms and was just staring blankly and went pure white, I thought he was dead so I panicked and cried for hours. Fortunately he was fine. Few days later I was in prezzo with my sister and my boyfriend.... I started getting hot, eyes went funny, felt sick, exhausted, I rushed them to get the bill and as we were walking I felt like my legs were Ganna collapse beneath me I darted to the car!!! The whole time I was trying to compose myself, I've only been with this bloke 3 months and I'm embarrassed about all this! I'm scared I'm ganna die in front of him. Anyway now I'm a wreck im scared for the next time my limbs decide to go numb, I was at work earlier (luckily I work with my mum who also suffers ... Her name on here is herbie73 ) I broke down to her. I'm convinced I'm either dying of a brain tumour or pancreatic cancer. Reason for the tumour is because my right arm feels like it keeps hurting and going dead and I nearly faint and pancreatic cancer because I have drunk nearly every night for 3 years due to anxiety !!! :/ and I have a pain in my upper left abdomen!!! The doctor checked my eyes etc checked the strength in my arms blood pressure said. Was fine! But I feel like I know there's something not right with my body!!! Help its ruining my life!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Someone reply :(

Re: New here. Convinced I'm dying.

Firstly, you are not alone. Everything you have described, I have experienced; like so many others on this Site. The good news is, that you could not have come to a better Forum. You will get comfort and advice on here and make Friends!
    Now, listen very carefully to what I am about to say.
    YOU ARE NOT DYING!
    You are suffering from Anxiety. Yes, you can get better and you can control the symptoms until they disappear.

But my arms, they don't feel right! :( iv had a drink and they still don't feel right! I'm also in a lot of pain. Say if it is something bad xxxxx

I really don't think you are dying. Because I feel the exact same as u everyday. I have a pain in one of my legs recently and im convinced it's cancer spreading to my leg from cervical or ovarian cancer. I am waiting for my smear test result but it's hell. I am so scared that I cry everyday and feel like it takes over my whole life. But if we both feel so similar (and I also started feeling anxious about my health very young, I was 6) then I think it must be anxiety and not actually physical. That's how I'm feeling when I read posts that sound so similar to how I feel

Yeah true ... It's funny because when other people tell me bout their symptoms I can rationally think and know what they're feeling is just anxiety but when you're feeling it yourself the symptoms are so real it's like you're legit dying cxx

I know, and it's not like you just "think" you are dying, you really believe it. It's the worst feeling in the world. My boyfriend thinks I'm being stupid, he must think I enjoy feeling like this but it's like the whole world has stopped outside. I am so scared of dying. I am sure I am going to die very young and never see my babies grow up. But everyone thinks I'm ridiculous. Hope u are feeling ok x

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm scared to death of losing my boyfriend he's been really good to me but i keep thinking who is going to want to be with someone who seems so miserable all the time? Then that makes me so much worse. I woke up next to him this morning and I was constantly on the brink of a panic attack!!! Xx

Thread Information