Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling of something stuck in throat

Feeling of something stuck in throat

Hi Everyone

Has anybody had the feeling, that something is stuck in their throat. I have had this for over a week now and it comes and goes. I have also had indigestion a couple of nights. It is always late at night, and the feeling always goes away after a few burps (sorry). I did also have some burning acid come up into my mouth, this week.

I have a folic acid deficiency and have not been taking many of my tablets - should take 5mg once a day, but this has been too much in the past, and I ended up in a mess, with all sorts of tingling, pins and needles, and my folate level was way too high. Anyway, I know that folic acid deficiency can cause gastro symptoms. Has anyone heard it can cause indigestion? Since the beginning of this week, I have started to take my folic acid tablets again, in case it is because of this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mooky

Re: Feeling of something stuck in throat

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Taken from "Symptoms" to the left of this page-- hope it helps!

Throat tightening/Choking/Swallowing problems-

What you feel:

Often one of the first symptoms of anxiety. People complain of feeling as though they will choke or being strangled. In reality its not nearly so dramatic - the muscles in the throat contract and salivary glands produce thick mucus leading to a feeling of restriction around the throat, it can produce a feeling that you are having difficulty swallowing or breathing. In fact you are not having difficulty, it just feels as though you are. You also get a dry mouth and it can feel like you cannot drink but you can.
    You feel as though there is something stuck in your throat or sometimes feel there is a lump in your throat. Other times you may feel that you can barely swallow or that there is a tightness in the throat, or that you have to really force yourself to swallow. Sometimes this feeling can lead you to think that you may suffocate or get something stuck in your throat.
    What causes this:

When in danger, stress biology produces a tightening in the throat muscles which produces the choking or 'something stuck in the throat' feeling. When in a nervous or stressful situation, many people will experience this feeling. It is often referred to as 'a lump on your throat'.
    There is minimal danger of choking or suffocating under normal conditions, however, some people are very sensitive to things in their throat and therefore caution should always be observed when eating. Chewing food thoroughly andslowly will prevent inadvertently swallowing something that may provoke someone to gag. This symptom can come and go, and may seem to intensify if one becomes focused on it.

I have this right now and have since a cold 2 months ago and its now habitual and feels like phlem in my throat all day...keep sipping water....goes at night when i am relaxed and sometimes when I am pre-occupied. Suffer from anxiety generally so sure its it but can;'t seem to shake it off and don't want it hanging over me for christmas! Any tips on how to help it? Sweets? Drinks? Many thanks

Anyone?

same thing for me for 3 months. feels like something hard in my throat and my throat constricted and phlegm that i can never bring up.

drinking a litre of water a day for the last couple of days has made me feel like a new person.

for me it could be something as simple as dehydration.

I have this right now also. Mine almost feel like it's off to the right side and there's a click when I swallow. Goes away after i relax a bit. Or if my mind is on something else. Think it boils down to tight muscles in thr throat. 😖

Thank you, I still have it and am thinking maybe acid so upped PPI today and will check with dr tomorrow x

I am having this now as we speak, been going on about a day now. It sorta feels like there is a hair stuck in the back of my throat. I've also had some other worrying symptoms as well, but I can't tell if they are anxiety related or not. (I have been under some serious stress the last couple weeks.)
    Last edited by Kaiserin; 17-12-14 at 04:57.

Hi kaiserin what are ur other symptoms please tell me if you donot mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information