Thread: Red Face!!!!

Angry Red Face!!!!

Hey folks,

For as long as I remember I have always gone red in the face very easy, being fair skinned doesnt help, but as the years have gone on it gets worse, at work it happens when I talk in front of people however also just in a normal conversation between two people, it even goes red just talking to someone in the middle of the supermarket.......I am an anxious person, I suffer palpitations etc and I know Im not just paranoid, it does go very red............I know now because I have spent years worrying about it that its making it worse, I am not on any medication....and I spoke to the doctor and asked about the operation that cuts the nerve to the face however he explained that getting a red face is very common and said 'no' to the operation, I just wonder if others are suffering from this and what they do that can help??????????????

Re: Red Face!!!!

Hi to you, red faced is quite common do,nt let it get you down. i,m no expert, but do,nt have the surgery, things will get better for you, if others can,t except the way we are that,s their problem.to you.

Hi shaz01!

My neck is pink/red for most of the time and gets worse when I'm anxious or embarrassed, or like you, just talking to people :(

Surgery is a rather drastic step though. Have you tried 'green' foundation? I know it sounds 'orrible and no, it doesn't stay green when it's on but just helps to tone down the redness. I wore it years ago for my daughter's wedding and am so glad I did.

Unlike my daughter who also tried it and put far too to much on - ended up looking like the Jolly Green Giant trying to scrub it off ten minutes before the Rolls arrived lol !!

Do try the make up before you even think about contemplating surgery eh? Boots or any reputable chemist should stock it, although I don't know if Rimmel still do othe one I used.

Hope this helps

Hi Shaz, the green foundation is definitely worth a try! It didn't work for me because I'm very, very fair and it's just my cheeks and chin that go red, but if you find the same thing happens when you try it, I can recommend wearing a heavier foundation that's well matched to your skin tone; if you get a really good one it'll work without looking like a 'mask'.

I can recommend Estee Lauder's Double Wear, if you go somewhere like a Boots with an Estee Lauder counter they'll be able to help you pick the best shade. If you don't mind the cost you could try Prescriptives custom mixing service, but I forked out for this before I started using Double Wear and I wouldn't go back now.

In any case, if I were you I would try products from a few different make up counters where they will apply it for you and then wait to decide if it looks okay in the daylight, when you're going red, see how long it lasts etc. There will be a product out there for you!

hello... i dont tend to go really red but if it makes you feel any better i do sweat a lot... my hands go all clammy and my face all shiny , especially my upper lip sooooo not a good look, i've got a couple of mates who go really red and for the record no one thinks anything of it, you really shouldn't be embarrased about it, it is such a common thing, people come in all shapes, sizes and colours, thats what makes us all beautiful

Hi shaz Im like groovygranny,my neck goes all red and blotchy and its well noticable.Sometimes it happens for no reason.I dont let it bother me now.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so very much for all your ideas, I will definitly try them and I will look into the green foundation....I get the feeling when im going red Im embarrsing those Im talking to however maybe I am just paranoid!!!!!

It is a nightmare though and I have had it as long as I remember.

I have tried staying calm, deep breathing etc but it doesnt really work, I am worse if the office I work in is warm or if Im running around.

However thanks again, I do wear foundation alot but its probably the wrong type.

Hope everyone else is doing okay tongiht. Take care.

Shaz x

Smile Re: Red Face!!!!

hi there shaz,
    i hope your still reading ur replys, cause i would love to talk to u about this, i suffer the same, exactley the same.
    please if u could shaz, and if u have msn add me so we can chat about it sometime, or email me, wilky11_4@hotmail.com i really hope u do. ive had it for as long as i can remember, things that triger it are.

1) heat
    2) hot food/drink
    3) exercise
    4) talking to people
    5) hate been in a room were its warm
    6) socailising
    7) emmbaressment
    8) theres loads- but when this happens i need to get away from my sourroundings, and its not always easy to do so in certain situations.

really does get me down, i even book in for an op- ( micro ets) went for the pre op talk and was booked in, but then chickened out cause the side effectd are bad to, dont belive all this good stuff they put on the net for ops to sort it, because ive been searching 4 years and its just a con, they dont care about the side effects, of course they dont they just want ya cash.

plus a lot of docs dont knoe exactley which levels to cut ( ie- ur t1, t2 t3 evels in ur chest) to cut off the nerves, so u gotta be very carefull as a lot of docs havent ever even carried out this op for red face and just, severe sweating.

please contact me shaz, would really appreciate it :-)

wilky11_4@hotmail.com

alan ( 23 years old ) ( male ) ( north east yorkshire - uk )

Thread Information