Thread: Very anxious about going on holiday please help!

Very anxious about going on holiday please help!

hey everyone just wanted some advice...

i am going away with my bf to barcelona for 6 nights on may 12th, my problem is i suffer from severe separation anxiety and i am very anxious about leaving my mum for that amount of time

we have a calling plan but i am terrifed that one time she may not answer the phone and i will start having a panic attack, i am so far away there would be nothing i could do...

i keep telling myself that i have been on holiday away from my mum before and it was fine (have been as far as morocco) but as my holiday draws closer the worry is setting in...i also feel rather pathetic that at 23 i am still anxious about leaving my mum and have to call every few hours...

just wondered if anyone had any advice on how i could cope? has anyone been through this before?

thanks in advance xx

Re: Very anxious about going on holiday please help!

I'm not to sure if anything I can say might help, but I hope so

Try focus on the good things, I know you said you feel pathetic in terms of how you feel about leaving your mom, but you're also 23 AND going away on holiday with your boyfriend. Well that to me doesn't seem pathetic, quite the opposite really when you think about it.

Maybe its normal to feel nervous, I mean even with just anxiety, or depression you're gonna feel a little overwhelmed because you are venturing out of a certain comfort zone which you can build in your home and with the people around you.

I hope you have a great time and everything goes perfect for you, which I'm sure it will do

Danny

Re: Very anxious about going on holiday please help!

hi hun, i kinda understand alittle of how u feel, im like it with my kids and hubby, but what u have to tell yourself is, that its only for 6 nights and u can still stay in contact with her, if she didnt get back to u at some point for some reason, u just got to try and think to yourself that, nothing is wrong, its just she mayb hasnt got your message yet or problem with technology etc, there isnt to much i can tell you, apart from that u gotta try and just enjoy yourself with michael and keep remembering that all will b fine for 6 nights, get lots of pics etc also so u can show her when u get back. big hugs and u know where i am if u need any support xx

Thread Information