Thread: Basically Cured My Anxiety With These Simple Tips!!

Basically Cured My Anxiety With These Simple Tips!!

Hi, I used to browse this website a lot when my anxiety was really bad, and I am happy to say I resolved 90-95% of it with these few tips I am now living a much happier, and fitter life.

- FIX YOUR DIET:

This is important and probably the most helpful thing you can ever do to fix depression and anxiety. Both of these are the result of poor dietary needs(i.e. your brain doesn't have the nutrients required to function well)! Here are some things that will give you results in less than a week:

1) START DRINKING GREENSHAKES - Really important. Try messing around with them. My favorite combination is kale, spinach, carrots, berries, and avocado. Please please try this!

2) Eat canned (or better yet, fresh) sardines in water or oil! Absolutely necessary for healthy brain function.

3) No processed foods of ANY kind. This includes hydrogenated oils, candy bars, sodas, cake, etc.. While they might provide pleasure in the short term, they are poison for your brain.

4) Take a multivitamin as well.

- CHALLENGE YOUR FEARS:

Do something you are scared of everyday, even if its a little bit. You will grow in courage, and eventually look forward to facing your fears.

- EXCERCISE:

Yoga or Weight Lifting or Jogging. All of these will build self-esteem, provide immediate and long-term relief from anxiety. I found yoga especially useful, as anxiety tenses up the muscles in our body.

- MEDITATION:

Not as important or prone to giving immediate results as the rest, but in the long term very handy.

- SOCIALIZING/FRIENDS/FAMILY:

Try to talk to people several times a day, even if they are internet friends. Of course, real friends are the best option but sometimes thats not an option. Socializing allows you to heal after stressful situations (read: anxiety) so I highly recommend it.

- HOBBIES:

This one is important. When my health anxiety attacks were most vicious was after I read lots of webmd webpages about symptoms and things of gloom and doom. Resist this temptation and instead do things that will fill your mind with great thoughts like books. A book I would recommend is "The Ultramind Solution" by mark hymen which describes the reason why most psychiatric disorders happen, and how to fix them.
    Consider picking up a hobby while you're at it. Try learning piano, reading many books, watching good movies/documentaries, or whatever you find fun.
    Also, highly recommended is working on living your dreams. But that is a large step to take for people with severe anxiety.

- STAY AWAY FROM DEPRESSING SOURCES OF INFORMATION:

This one is important. When my health anxiety attacks were most vicious was after I read lots of webmd webpages about symptoms and things of gloom and doom. Resist this temptation and instead do things that will fill your mind with great thoughts like books. A book I would recommend is "The Ultramind Solution" by mark hymen; it explains that psychiatric disorders originate from physical things, and how to go about fixing them.
    Your mind is not an island. What goes in, is usually what comes out. So if you read a lot about people dying, or people's anxiety getting worse, guess what. YOUR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION WILL GET WORSE AS WELL. Naturally, your brain will gravitate towards depressive subjects if you are depressed, so try to resist the temptation (I use a website/search term blocker for google and don't watch the news). Instead, watch funny movies, or engage in your favorite pastimes.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN OVERCOME THIS.
    Last edited by LongDong; 11-03-15 at 18:24.

Re: Basically Cured My Anxiety With These Simple Tips!!

This is great. Did you take any medication or did it without?

Xx

No I didn't use medication :P. Your body and mind is able to fix and repair itself if you give it the resources to do so. Of course, you will still experience anxiety if you are acclimated to it, but the impact and longevity of anxiety attacks will be much less if you take care of your body and mind. You might not even notice them anymore!

I just wanna ask...how bad was your anxiety to begin with?

I agree with all of what you said, except about the meditation being not as important. I have been using meditation twice daily for several months and I would say it has been a key aspect of experiencing a drop in panic/anxiety levels. I am also using mindfulness as a practice as often as possible during waking hours as well and I am finding that these 2 things alone are incredibly beneficial in challenging the thoughts that trigger certain feelings.

Great to read things have improved for you and I hope to be in a similar position very soon!

I'm new here and just wanted to say how good it is to read such helpful tips. I feel I'm learning a lot of new things that will help. Thank you

Thanks for these tips, in fact I have decided that when I finish work in a moment I am going to dig out my old keyboard and start learning piano.
    I read the news everyday and I am quite a socially and politically aware person but I think taking some time out of reading bad news is a good idea and I'm going to try that starting now I think.

Good advice LongDong.

Thread Information