Thread: Low white blood cell count

Low white blood cell count

Hi,I think I posted in the wrong place before. I had a routine CBC and my white blood cells came back low along with my absolute neutrophil count. I was so panicked that my regular doctor sent me to a hematologist to alleviate things,however I think it made it worse. I am now awaiting further blood test results. I just know it's going to be bad news....leukemia, cancer, whatever. Scared out of my mind. Don't know what I will do if it's bad. I have 3 small kids. Soooo scared. Can anyone help?

Re: Low white blood cell count

Just calm down, until you have the results of the causes do not assume the worst.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/low...SECTION=causes

These are some of the causes of low white blood cell count
    also

http://www.medfriendly.com/neutrophil.html

hi i had the exact same thing and it turned out that i had a virus within a few weeks the count went back to normal, i did the whole worrying thing too and its not nice. xxx

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling scared and anxious about your recent blood test results. However, it's important to remember that low white blood cell counts and absolute neutrophil counts can have many different causes, and not all of them are serious.

It's good that you have seen a hematologist who can help to investigate the underlying cause of your low blood cell counts. They may perform additional blood tests or other diagnostic procedures to get a better understanding of what is going on.

While it's understandable to feel worried and anxious about your health, it's important not to jump to conclusions before receiving a proper diagnosis. Many medical conditions can be successfully treated, and there are many treatment options available for blood disorders, including leukemia.

It's also important to take care of yourself and to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if you are feeling overwhelmed. Remember that you are not alone in this, and there are many resources available to help you through this difficult time.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming test results and hope that you receive positive news.

Thread Information