Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long does propranolol stay in your system?

Re: how long does propranolol stay in your system?

It has done with me temporarily when the dosage has been increased, but long term it has helped me a lot with my anxiety

I wasn't upped to 80mg slow release a few weeks ago, my sleep has never been so bad .... that's probably it then

does the sleep get better .. I'm thinking of lowering the dose, going back to a few 10 mg per day

might help to reduce the dose a bit and see how u get on. It has helped me with my sleep, why not try night nurse that really helps with sleep

good thinking .. the night nurse that is

I have had some sleeping tabs for the past few weeks (but not taken them every night because I don't want to rely on them). I have lots left but really want to find another route.

I don't like medication

Me neither. I once got myself out of a severe depression just with CBT on its own so it is possible without but u need time which I do not have atm I dont know about ur situation.. U tried relaxation CD's?

Actually I don't think I have depression, mainly the "lows" when I'm having anxious times.

No I haven't tried them, though I have just started counselling (had one session) ... it's good to talk lol

Quote Originally Posted by pixiebell View Post
    Hello, I had been on propranolol 80mg for just 4 days for stress and slight anxiety and they made me feel terrible, i felt faint and had a very slow heart rate so my doctor advised me to come off them,that was last friday. I'm still suffering from the side effects i feel terrible. i've got a very tight chest which hurts when i breathe and my throat feels like its closing in its just weird very hard to explian, my arms and legs feel tingly and i've felt faint on occasions to. I went to the doctors and i was told it was a bad reaction to propranolol im wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me or if anyone knows how long it takes to get out of your system completley. i feel awful

hi pixiebell

im exactly the same ive been on propranolol for nearly 2 weeks now and it has messed my system up so bad i was fine on just the amitripyline,i fell faint and as for helping with anxiety it has just made it worse my hands and feet are numb and i feel on edge,my doctors an idiot as i told him i was beginning to feel fine with the amitripyline and then he had a brain wave and decided to try proprananolol 40 mg 3 times a day and 2 amitripyline at night....little did i realise that the propranolol would disturb my sleep pattern and end up feeling on edge!
    anyway as this was posted a while ago i was just wondering how you were feeling now and if you feel anyway better now its out your system?
    as i feel so bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information