Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upping dose

Upping dose

Hi,

I've been on Sertraline now for two years after trying many other medications but they did not agree to me.
    I did come off it but went back on to the 50mg dose two years ago and been fine on it since. Well till now, I'm feeling really bad and panicy at the moment so my doctor has suggested upping the doze to 100mg but thinks to be safe i should maybe go to 150mg. She's left me to think about it over weekend and then i've to get back to her.
    I got really bad side affects when i first started taking itcan you get this when you up the dose as well?

xxx

Re: Upping dose

what side effects did you get? You shouldnt get side effects on increasing the dosage but if you if do they will be milder, maybe increase to 100mg for a few weeks at first to see if that works.

Joy

when i started it made me feel a bit sleepy and quite tired a lot of the time. I also got the worst headaches, felt my heart pounding a lot and felt more nervous but once i had the medication a few weeks i felt okay.
    I've been reccomended to go up to 200mg which is quite worrying me - how have other people reacted.

I've upped the dose to 150mg - in general i feel ok apart form i just feel realy kind of spaced out - is that normal? I never got that beforewit it but i do now.

well you've jumped up quite a lot from 50mg so i guess you could expect to feel a bit odd,prob wont last for long tho. Hope it helps the anx soon

Joy

Im no doctor but is a jump from 50 mg to 150 mg not to much of a jump in one go????

I'm not sure but i actually feel awful with it - my doc thinks its what i need to calm down but i feel so spaced out i can hardly function.

that does seem like a big increase in dose to me - its like 3 x the standard dose. i was on lustral and was on 50mg throughout - i just used to ride the low patches out and always pulled through myself - my doc is a great believer that meds only do so much and won;t up the dose unless in exceptional circumstances.

personally i would get a second opinion asap or ring your gp and make sure that is what she said as it does some like a huge increase to do in one go.

I know - last year it was moved to 100mg and made no difference so was put back to 50 and then this year she decided it was best to triple the dose. i don't know if these feelings are normal or what - i just feel really woozy and like i'm not here.

only one thing to do and thats ring the doc

love joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information