Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertaline side effects. Can anyone help please

Sertaline side effects. Can anyone help please

Started 50mg of sertaline yesterday. Have had a banging headache when lying down. Constant shaky feeling in arms and chest and stomach. Slight nausea. And palpatations and also lack of hunger. Also keep going either ice cold or sweating Is this normal?. Just wanted to ask fellow sufferers if they have had any of these. Doctor did say to me i might feel worse before i get better so was just wondering if anyone can put my mind at ease

Re: Sertaline side effects. Can anyone help please

Very normal. But if you are having crazy side effects like this maybe it will be better to start breaking the pill in half and start with 25mg. That's what I had to do.

Thanks Adam. Very much appreaciated. Think i will break it in half. This shaking is driving me crazy

Haha yeah definitely. I got those too. I'd let your doctor know if you change your dose just so you're both on the same page.

Thanks Adam. Have told the doctor of my symptoms. And said if i should try 25mg of it. She said i could but i wouldent get the full effects, however i am going to try it regardless.

Don't worry about the full effects, it can just be easily to start on a lower dose and then move up again. Starting on the therapeutic dose of these meds can mean the side effects hit you full on so many GP's these days stagger them to make it easier.

Your GP will want to monitor you anyway and if the 25mg isn't helping, they will just move you up to the 50mg. You may get side effects again, and they may feel more pronounced for a bit (some people find this as they move up to the standard doses), but it won't be as hard as starting from nothing.

Thanks a lot for that. Very helpful indeed. It has certainly brought things on. The constant shaking and jerky movements, loss of appetite, nausea. Feeling hot and cold. And also headache and sore eyes. Are difficult but i just have to keep telling myself it has to get worse to get better

That's the right attitude. Be realistic. If you spend time worrying what the symptoms mean you make it harder. Believing the doctor when he/she says 'it may get worse before it gets better' is the right way to look at it so you can fight your way through it as opposed to be scared out of your mind by what these new sensations mean.

The first time my doctor told me nothing and I panicked and it flawed me. The second time (different med) the side effects were even worse but I battled through it and didn't ask for any help. The reason for that was taking the attitude you are and I firmly believe that got me through it.

It's very unpleasant but just keep talking on here if it helps, many of us know how hard this period is and can support or just talk. It will soon pass and then you can get some benefit and move forward.

Totally normal with these, when do you take it? morning or night?

I switched to night time with sertraline.

I had lots of side effects with sertraline, it's completely normal. However I couldn't handle mine as the worst was the relentless nausea and being unable to eat. Throwing up a lot. Perhaps ask your GP for something to help you through the side effects like Zopiclone to help sleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information