Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upping sertraline dose from 50mg to 100mg

Re: upping sertraline dose from 50mg to 100mg

I have wound my dose of Sertraline (called Lustral here in the UK) up and down over the years 25/50/100/150 and have some experience of this. I have been on 50mg for about 3 years and decided to wind it down to 25mg (half tablet) before deciding to increase it up to 50mg again.

25>50mg I experience fatigue and tiredness, which usually abates after about 2 weeks. The anti-anxiety effects I experience after about 3 days and feel better, but sleep really heavy and need to sleep during the day for about 2 hrs. I usually just drink more coffee. I decided to increase my dose about 3 days before going on holiday for 1 week.

I always take my meds at 6pm each day.

If I had not been on meds for a while eg starting back on them after a couple of years, then I experience extreme fatigue for about 10 days. I would say that going straight on to 50mg is a bad idea, try 25mg until stable (about 3 weeks) then step up to 50mg, total time 6 weeks. IMHO this is the best way to do it.
    Last edited by GeorgeJungle; 05-03-12 at 13:21. Reason: error

Hi my Names Karl ive been currently been taking sertraline 50mg for 12 days hoping they make me feel alot better keeping my fingers crossed. Had a few side affects to begin with upset tummy,spaced out,heightened anxiety, but hoping this will get better the only thing i havent had is the sexual dysfunction your meant to get had it on seroxat before has anyone else been lucky also???

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

was on seroxat 13 years of and on previously

Hi vetran I am suffering a bit with the side effects which are feeling sick loss of appitite and high anxiety.

I have been on them 11 days now started on 50 but upped to 100 on saturday. still feel sick and dont want to do anything but sitt and watch tv but I have been like this since i started to become anxious.

Do you feel they are working for you?

I am pleased your labido is still working I am just not in the mood since starting them, But that is so positive.

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy - perhaps at this stage 100mg is too strong and making your more anxious. The doctor gave me 100mg and I have been breaking in half and will do that for 2 weeks - until I feel ready to up - have not felt too bad today - took puppy out for a walk but I am taking a small amount of Lorazepam with really helps - shame your doc won't give you something similiar.

Hope you are ok too Karl

Just one day at a time I guess and not think too far ahead - luv Laura

Well I was on 50 for 8 days and it was on the thursday that the high anxiety kicked in and the bad sickness and I was only on 50 then. So because of this I upped it to 100. The sickness wears off after I have eaten somthing.

Good that you have been out I just cant get my motivation but thats been since I became ill. I am hoping it will come back once these kick in.

Let me know how you get on? The first 5 days I felt great.

Cathy xx

Will do Cathy - not expecting miracles! x

Hi Laura hope your feeling better i have a little bit today but not getting my hopes up to much yet here if you need a chat and anyone else on here keep you posted with my progress how im getting on

I've just upped mine to 100mg.
    Feel a bit spaced out which is interesting as at work and trying to be normal. Feel sick as well. Anxiety not too bad today, going back to doctors in a week's time so going to do 100mg for a week until then. Then in total I will have been on for 6 weeks (5 weeks on 50mg, 1 week on 100mg) surely that's enough time to tell if it's going to work for me.
    So far it's really helped with depression but anxiety still there. Couple of times I've feel real relief but then anxiety creeps back in. Difficult to know if it's side effects or just my anxiety.

Good look emm I am like you just wishing for it to work.

I been on it 11 days 3 days on a 100.

Cathy xx

Fingers crossed.... please god it works !! I've heard good things from some people so let's hope.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information