Thread: Breathing.

Breathing.

For most of the day I feel like I can't breath but when I do breath in I can get a deep breath, , sometimes I can't get it quite as deep. I breath short and quick which I think is down to the panic. I also have the usual lump in my throat, shakes, dizzy etc etc.

The thing is I had a chest infection in feb and got given inhalers (I had asthma as a child). Ever since then ive been scared im going to have a asthma attack and die. I'd love to do exercise but the min I get out of breath I panic and then obv my symptoms get worse. Please can anyone help? My gp thinks my asthma (if I even have it) is under crontrol and has cut down my inhalers so I'm on the minimum now.

What can I do? I'd love to run or even walk a long way but darent as I know ill panic when I get slightly out of breath and think it must be an asthma attack and I will die.

Re: Breathing.

Anyone?

Have you tried abdominal breathing techniques?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This may work for you or may not, but for me I breathe out of my nose all the time, this helps me to have more control over my breathing if I am having a panic attack for example, or slow breathes out through the mouth.
    Try not to focus on your breathing (easier said than done) but think about it, when you're asleep you're breathing fine.

Thread Information